suzyo

Reset to Default

suzyo

halp. just sitting here, working away, and all of a sudden the thing has reset itself to its default state.

i was working on a post, nowhere near the site options page(s) where i might have inadvertently hit that damn reset button. it just seems to have happened by itself.

anyway, now all of my custom code is gone. resetting all the page widths and the typography is not too much of a strain, but i had a LOT of CSS. site's wrecked.

is there anyplace i can find that code? this is kind of a drag. okay, actually, this is horrible. i did a backup yesterday but the CSS is not in it.

Danny

Hi Suzy,

It is impossible for your PageLines Framework settings to be reset on their own, and can only be reset by one of the following:

1. You have clicked on the Restore to Default button

2. Someone who has admin access, has clicked the Restore to Default button and is now afraid to admit it.

3. Your host had an issue somewhere and rolled back the database.

The only way of getting everything back is to contact your web host provider and inform them of the issue and ask for them to perform a restore.

Also, I highly recommend you backup your custom CSS to a text file and keep in a safe place.

Please search our forums, before posting!

suzyo

nobody has admin access but me.

i didn't click on that button.

so, the custom code stuff is nowhere in the world, eh?

drat. i didn't realize that the css didn't come along w the backup.

Danny

If only you have admin access and you haven't clicked on the button, then it can only be related to your host.

Therefore, the only method of retrieving your settings would be to contact your host and ask them to perform a backup.

suzyo

there's some weird time zone su hosin or something error right around the time it happened, in the error log. sounds like a japanese condiment got into the database.

Danny

Suhosin is an advanced protection system for PHP installations. It was designed to protect servers and users from known and unknown flaws in PHP applications and the PHP core.

Suzy, we are unable to assist you with this, you really do need to contact your host, regarding the error log and about them restoring from a previous backup.

We have no control over users hosting issue, these issues can only be resolved by your host.

Therefore, I have resolved the topic, as it is not PageLines related, but a problem with your host.

suzyo

Danny, the  host doubled the max_input_vars to help.

This is the message at the time of the wipeout:

PHP Warning: opendir(/home1/suzytest/public_html/wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme/pagelines-template-theme/custom-css/) [<a href='function.opendir'>function.opendir</a>]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home1/suzytest/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-css-stylesheet-for-posts-or-pages/ccss.php on line 51 

Rob

Suzy, this topic has been marked resolved.

That error is a plugin error, not PageLines. custom-css-stylesheet-for-posts-or-pages << this one

Even though the initial part points to PageLines, that's simply because it's the affected component that's getting (not giving) the error caused by the plugin cited in the second half of the error message.

You should address that error directly to the plugin developer.  He seems to have some erroneous code in there.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

suzyo

thanks, robert. i've just been trying to figure it out; never thought pagelines was to blame!

anyway, lightbulb moment. i had a bunch of plugins that i had never activated, to look at one by one when i was ready for them.

i was having a conflict w the navbar, and i bulk deactivated the plugins i was actually using, to add them in one by one.

i think i probably bulk activated them by mistake, and that's what did it.

about 90% sure. thanks for your help.

Rob

No problem.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur