Sign in to follow this  
steck1983

Column main padding

steck1983    0
steck1983

Hi,

I need to get rid of the padding on the left and side of the main column in the content area. Code excerpt is below.

<div id="column-main" class="mcolumn fix">
                    <div class="mcolumn-pad" >

<!-- PostLoop | Section Template -->
<section id="postloop" class="copy no_clone section-postloop"><div class="copy-pad"><article class="post-41 page type-page status-publish hentry fpost post-number-1" id="post-41"><div class="hentry-pad"><section class="post-meta fix post-nothumb media"><section class="bd post-header fix" ><section class="bd post-title-section fix"><hgroup class="post-title fix"><h1 class="entry-title pagetitle">Contact</h1>
</hgroup></section> </section></section><div class="entry_wrap fix"><div class="entry_content"><p>contact us <a class="pledit" href="http://localhost/JarrahCreations/wp-admin/post.php?post=41&amp;action=edit"><span class="pledit-pad">(<em>edit</em>)</span></a> </p>
</div></div></div></article><div class="clear"></div></div></section>                    </div>
                </div>

Ive used for the following so far, but I still end up with padding on the left and right side of the post loop div.

#column-wrap{
    background-color:#111111;
    margin-left:345px;
    width:960px !important;
}

#column-wrap .fix, #column-main{
    margin:0;
    padding:0;
}

#postloop .copy-pad,#postloop .copy-pad .hentry-pad, #postloop .copy-pad .fpost, #postloop .section-postloop{
    margin:0;
    padding:0;
    border:1px solid #FFFFFF;
}

There seems to be alot of divs and classes in this area? Why is this so messy?

Cheers.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

I recommend using Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools and inspect the mcolumn element to find the correct code.

For assistance visit our custom CSS documentation - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

You will probably need to use this:

#site .one-sidebar-right #column-main .mcolumn-pad, #site .two-sidebar-right #column-main .mcolumn-pad { }

Also not sure what you're referring to when you say "There seems to be a lot divs", there are divs because it requires them.

Please search our forums, before posting!