elangley

Page Title Font Size

elangley    0
elangley

Hello All,

I am trying to reduce the size of the page titles.

I cannot seem to find it anywhere in the documentation.

TYIA,

Eric

Website URL: abeo.us but you must host map to: 50.62.81.197 to see it as it is a dev site.
Framework Version: 2.4
WordPress Version: 3.5.1
Plugins in Use: Not many
Server/Host: VPS with Cpanel
Screenshots:
Details:

Rob    547
Rob

Hi Eric,

Do you have Firebug for Firefox or use Chrome's Inspection Tool? These tools will help you identify the specific elements you wish to change, even in a dev site, and will display the CSS applied to them.  You can even test changes in the sandbox the provide, then, when it is just the way you want it, copy and paste it to your Custom Code area.

Page titles are usually found in this element: h1, .fpost .entry-title

You really just need to adjust the font-size found there. Using one of those tools will do the trick!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

elangley    0
elangley

Rob,

Thanks. I found this:

h1, .fpost .entry-title {
font-size: 33.6px;

which I change to this:
h1, .fpost .entry-title {
font-size: 24px;

and pasted into Custom CSS so is looks like this;
body{}
h1,
.fpost .entry-title {

It does not change the size of the title though.

~eric

Rob    547
Rob

Eric, I think you're missing the closing operand.

This:

h1,
.fpost .entry-title {

Should be:
h1,.fpost .entry-title {
  font-size: 24px; }

elangley    0
elangley

Yup. that was it. Resolved.

Thanks a lot.

~eric

Rob    547
Rob

No problem. Glad to have helped!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Barnaby Skinner
      By Barnaby Skinner+
      Hey all, hope I worded the topic correctly!
      I just need to know if either 1) I'm making a mistake or 2) this could be set as a new feature?
      Using the global settings typography parameters, I have a global paragraph font type (set using googlefonts) and have set the style to align:justify. When laying out <p> text inside a simple TEXT module, the <p> text adheres to both the font type and justification. Perfect.
      Now, when I set <p> text inside the PARAGRAPH TEXT field within an ELEMENT module, the <p> text adheres to the font type, but not the justification. It's rather annoying as I like to fully justify para text across the board and tend to use Element modules instead of text boxes for various reasons. It also seems silly that some PARAGRAPH TEXT fields adopt global settings, whilst other don't.
      Or I'm doing it wrong :S
      Any help or advice is much appreciated!
      Cheers
    • Claudio
      By Claudio+
      I have a problem with the typography settings. I set the H1 class with "font-weight: 300;" (Very thin weight), and "font-size: 50px;" (To have considerable evidence of my problem). Unfortunately, as you can see on the screenshots, those setting don't have any incidence on the site, Infact in the home page editor there is a trial title called "Text test", bold, and 26 px approximatly sized.
      Why the typography settings are not transposed on the site? Where I wrong?

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hello,
      I wondering (and custumers) when does Font Awesome 4.7 comes with an update of Pagelines?
    • dougalperman
      By dougalperman+
      Hi there,
      I'm a big fan of Pagelines, and have been for years.
      I'm trying to control the size of video embeds and having some difficulty. I see that I can just paste the Vimeo video URL into the post and an embed widget will automatically appear, which is great. But the embed box created is much taller that the video (689 x 1000 pixels) so the content sits in the middle of a tall black box, which looks awkward.
      I tried using the full iFrame embed code from Vimeo, which solved the disproportionate embed frame size (or aspect ratio) issue, but despite specifying the dimensions I want (690 x 388), the videos displayed on the post are sized at 300 x 150 pixels.
      I can't work out how to change either.
      I'm using the latest version of Pagelines Framework (Pro) with the Agency them.
      Any help or advice very much appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Dougal
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      I have the primary font family set to Arial. If I add another font (Open Sans), how do I change it only on a specific page? 
      I want to have Open sans only on one of my landing pages, but by default it will fetch Arial. Is there a way to change it without a plugin?