rjltaylor

MAMP transfer not displaying changes on server

rjltaylor    0
rjltaylor

Decided to jump on the bandwagon and give MAMP a try. I successfully created my PL site, imported my files and db to my host server using MAMP and Transmit.

However, local changes have since been made to the local files. I uploaded the wp-content and wp-includes using a ftp transfer via Transmit. I can see the updated files sitting on my server, however, they're not displaying on my live website. (Cache has been cleared).

Am I missing a step (or two or three) somewhere? Would really like to get the hang of this so I can actually start being productive instead of spinning my wheels. Ugh...

Thanks in advance for your patience...and support!

James B    436
James B

Hi there

I've not used transmit before, but i'll check it out.

Are the new files on the server using the same file path? Check in firebug to make sure the images on the site are actually coming from the hosting site and not elsewhere. Did you do a find and replace on the url's before you moved the page?

Did you follow the steps at - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/getting-started/migrate-pagelines-from-another-site/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

rjltaylor    0
rjltaylor

Hi James,

I did follow the import-export steps to transfer from one site to another. None of the content or images carried over but it doubled everything in my menu and nav bar.

Are there other folders I should be transferring as well? I continue to make updates to the site on my localhost (pressing deadline looming) but I need to figure out this problem soon.

Should I just delete the db and start over? Ugh.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

I recommend you follow the instructions here - http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

Or you can simply install Wordpress/PageLines on your live server and then follow the instructions here - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/getting-started/migrate-pagelines-from-another-site/

Please search our forums, before posting!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• divedon
      By divedon
      About month ago, I noticed that pl-config file which was downloaded from my site has just 1kb in size. No code inside the file.
      Is anyone has same issue?
      I am using DMS 2.1.9.9
      pl-config_2016-10-28_09-02-39.json
    • lroberts00
      By lroberts00
      Can someone please help.

I had to transfer sites to a new server.  These are the only two pagelines sites that I had to transfer and this is what happened (same thing to both):

www.theshippingzone.net

and

www.landmarkstorage.org

its says: 

PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error.
      parse error: failed at `)` line: 1047

• Claude203
      By Claude203
      Is there a repository somewhere in a WordPress installation (the database?) for all of the section info/data created in a DMS2-based WordPress installation? In other words, if one wanted to replicate on a new DMS2-based site the entire collection of sections including exact preferences that were set up for an existing DMS2-based site, is it possible to just copy the file with those details into the new site's database? (I'm not talking about any LISS/CSS entries, which I am sure could be cut and pasted from the existing to the new, as-is.)

Thank you.
    • saar121
      By saar121
      Hello everyone!

I'm using dms 2 and im wondering, what will happen to all the media that inside my dms website if i want to export the website?
      i'll explain:

im working on a website that sits on my server (while im working on it)
      i want to transfer the website to other server with other domain.

a. how do i do that?
      b. I guess each picture address starting with www.xxx.com/attachment....
         if i will move the website with all the files it will never find those files beacuse they all starting with my old domain.

I Will really appreciate your helping!
      Thanks and peace! 
    • radroz
      By radroz
      Okay, I am trying to move a site to its permanent home.

Here's the temporary site.

http://imaginemediasolutions.com/mafietta/

I moved the files, database, and downloaded the JSON file from the temp site.

Aaaaaannnnnd....

I get this:

http://mafietta.com/

:: head desk ::

Help.