Sign in to follow this  
PSHCS

IE 7 Script Issues On pages with large Box-Sets

PSHCS    0
PSHCS

We are getting the following errors on our website when viewing it in IE7:

"Stop Running This Script?

A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly.

If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

Yes / No"

The two pages we notice the error on most are:

home.primesourcesystems.com/directory

home.primesourcesystems.com/fyi-archive

Our main sites have pages that are similar, but they don't seem to have this same problem.  Are we doing something wrong?

PLEASE NOTE: These links are to pages on our intranet site, We have only enabled public access to them untill we can get this problem solved.  Then we will be restricting access to only the people in our home office and to registered users and admins.

catrina    103
catrina

You’ll need to use Custom CSS (in PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS/LESS). To find the Custom CSS you need, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please review this entire documentation and follow the instructions: http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

PSHCS    0
PSHCS

Of all things it seems it was actually the IE compatibility script that was throwing the error.  It was the only option that was different between the various subdomains of the site.  Once we disabled it, everything worked as it should.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• dloos
      By dloos+
      ONEPAGE has visual errors in IE, objects do not stay separated, and image elongated on next section.  Any Suggestions?  It is coming up with this error from Pagelines on site. 

• j powers
      By j powers+
      Looking to fond the best way to add in some javascript, the script is from Salesforce to add a chat button, ie Chat available / chat offline.  I need to add this to a specific page though.

Much apprciated 

• arno
      By arno+
      Site that looks great on other browser, are is rendered wrong on IE: http://foodfunded.us/
      We got multiple complaints.
      The height of sections is way too high. Not sure which section is causing the problem, as they are in containers.
      Or is the size of the images?

While most of us probably don't use IE, it might prevent professionals from getting client engagements with the PL5 tool, if the browsers don't have coverage.

• Barnaby Skinner
      By Barnaby Skinner+
      Hey team,
      Really simple question: where would I add code to a specific page header? I can see in the settings I can add code to the global header, but can't see how to do it for a single specific page. It's related to facebook pixel tracking
      Cheers
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      On more than one website I'm building there is a massive blank space after the content and pagination within the loops section when viewed on Internet Explorer 11. It looks like the loops-wrap section is about twice the depth it needs to be. Screenshot attached.
      Can provide url via private message.
      WP version 4.4.2
      Platform5 Version 5.0.132
      Loops version 5.0.18
      Many thanks.