jkamphaus

Want to set up Child Theme - but group owner problem

jkamphaus

Hello 

I am wonderung, why the zip installation of the framework and the base Child template have a different group owner... 

This disables me to built up child themes or set any file to chmod 777...

Is there anbody having the same problem... or what`s wrong on my internet server

Joerg

post-48246-0-88466100-1362050174_thumb.j

Danny

Hi,

This isn't happening to me on my server, therefore it is most likely your server that is causing the issue. Can you provide your PHP info and enable PageLines debug mode please.

PHPinfo - http://codex.wordpress.org/Finding_Server_Info

PageLines Debug - PageLines > Site Options > Advanced.

Once we have this information, we may be able to resolve your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jkamphaus

Hello,...

I enabled debug mode, but no result i can see...

The only mistake, during installation, i can image,... is, that wordpress was automaticely installed by a script from the server (provider script) and, of course pageline I installed with my own admin account 

anyway here is the requested php info:

PHP Version 5.3.3
System Linux s16250287.onlinehome-server.info 2.6.32-220.13.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Apr 17 23:56:34 BST 2012 x86_64 Build Date Jul 3 2012 16:53:58 Configure Command './configure' '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--without-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--without-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--enable-xml' '--with-system-tzdata' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs' '--without-mysql' '--without-gd' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--disable-pdo' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter' '--without-sqlite3' '--disable-phar' '--disable-fileinfo' '--disable-json' '--without-pspell' '--disable-wddx' '--without-curl' '--disable-posix' '--disable-sysvmsg' '--disable-sysvshm' '--disable-sysvsem' Server API Apache 2.0 Handler Virtual Directory Support disabled Configuration File (php.ini) Path /etc Loaded Configuration File /etc/php.ini Scan this dir for additional .ini files /etc/php.d Additional .ini files parsed /etc/php.d/curl.ini, /etc/php.d/dom.ini, /etc/php.d/fileinfo.ini, /etc/php.d/gd.ini, /etc/php.d/imap.ini, /etc/php.d/ioncube-loader.ini, /etc/php.d/json.ini, /etc/php.d/mbstring.ini, /etc/php.d/mysql.ini, /etc/php.d/mysqli.ini, /etc/php.d/pdo.ini, /etc/php.d/pdo_mysql.ini, /etc/php.d/pdo_sqlite.ini, /etc/php.d/phar.ini, /etc/php.d/soap.ini, /etc/php.d/sqlite3.ini, /etc/php.d/wddx.ini, /etc/php.d/xmlreader.ini, /etc/php.d/xmlwriter.ini, /etc/php.d/xsl.ini, /etc/php.d/zip.ini PHP API 20090626 PHP Extension 20090626 Zend Extension 220090626 Zend Extension Build API220090626,NTS PHP Extension Build API20090626,NTS Debug Build no Thread Safety disabled Zend Memory Manager enabled Zend Multibyte Support disabled IPv6 Support enabled Registered PHP Streams https, ftps, compress.zlib, compress.bzip2, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, phar, zip Registered Stream Socket Transports tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls Registered Stream Filters zlib.*, bzip2.*, convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk
This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.7, Copyright © 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd.

Danny

Hi,

I can't read that unfortunately, we will require a link to your website so we can view the debug info and also, can you provide an actual link to your phpinfo please.

Simon

Apache is running php in a module and has the username/group apache/apache.

Therefore if you let wordpress save/edit files etc its going to save them under that username and group, so when you FTP you cannot delete them as you actually do not own them.

Talk to your host and ask if you can move to a more updated and secure PHP system like mod_fcgid or suphp or php-fpm.

Rob

In addition to Simon's correct recommendations, you can also ask the host to change permissions and ownership of your files or folders. Some hosts charge a fee for this, so check first.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jkamphaus

MyProblem is... that this server is not under the administration of the host... 

So they want me to do it on my own.... but i am not familar with it...

Is it possible ,... that somebody of you can do it... 

of course i can pay the fee to you.

If possible please send  a emailadress of you i could sent you the necessary login, i create one for you

thx Joerg

Danny

Hi Joerg,

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you with server configuration, you will need to ask your server host for assistance.

jkamphaus

Host will not do... they dont touch root servers ...

is there anybody who can do this for me ... will pay fee with paypal,... I mean one of the members reading this topic?

Danny

Your host provider will not assist you with server configuration that you're paying them for ?

jkamphaus

Hello again,...

No, he will not assist... as they just sell root servers... which should be administrated by the reseller on its own.

Unfortunatly our last tech administration left the company,... a few weeks ago... so we are helpless... propably need to cancel working with pagelines...

A shame and not what I want... but helpless for the moment... and we need to work on ordered Pages  very soon.

James B

If you need to hire someone to set up the server you can look into one of the Pagelines Pros, check them out at www.pagelines.com/pros/

Otherwise you'll probably be able to pick up a developer with suitable skills online, from somewhere like odesk

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B