mitzelumir

IE8 problem with random space

Danny    1,327
Danny

I have to say, I have never heard of this issue. Therefore, can you or your client install a free application called Jing. Jing captures anything you see on your computer screen, as an image or short video, and lets you share it instantly.

http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Once installed, ask them to record the issue and then provide a link to the uploaded recording, so we can take a look.

Please search our forums, before posting!

trebord_55    0
trebord_55

Danny: for what it's worth, this problem (in my experience; mitzelumir can correct me if his is different) was introduced with the latest 2.4.1 release. Prior to this latest release, I had other difficulties with IE8, but this formatting issue is new. BTW, without "Include Google IE Compatability Script?" checked, 2.4.1 made an absolute hash of my layout in IE8; when checked the difficulties resolve to mitzelumir's relatively minimal spacing issues. Prior to 2.4.1 I didn't even have that box checked and had no layout issues with IE8.

Mitzelumir: You may wish to consider the IE8 solution I've decided to revert to: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/advanced-browser-check/. I've had enough.

James B    436
James B

This issue has been reported as a possible bug to our developer team.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

barryevans    2
barryevans

I am seeing the exact same issue in IE8

The page loads and then the content jumps into a different position.

To test Trebord's theory, is it possible to revert to the previous version of the Pagelines Framework?

Thanks,

Rob    547
Rob

Barry,

Please don't hijack topics. Kindly open a new topic and feel free to reference a topic as a similar one.  Thanks for your understanding.  We want to make sure you get proper attention, as you deserve.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur