revoltoid

Content hidden on Blog Page

revoltoid    1
revoltoid

Hi,

I am not sure what I am missing, can be a simple check box somewhere, but;

The content (not the posts) on my blog page is not showing up. I have checked the following settings:

1. page options>blog page>page setup>individual page section control>template> 'hide content' is not checked

2. drag and drop>template setup>page templates>blog>active sections>'content' is present

3. on actual blog page: edit page>page lines meta settings>page setup>individual page section control>template>'hide content' is not checked

What else do I need to set to get the content appear above the blog posts?

Thanks,

Istvan

James B    436
James B

Hi Istvan

Make sure that 'postloop' is active in the 'content-area' within the blog template. Both content section and postloop section are required in the template to display the posts.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

revoltoid    1
revoltoid

Thank you James,

The posts display fine, it is a bit of a content/text/ that I would like to display above the posts, if that is possible?

I thought if I add a bit of a text for the page as a content like for any other pages, that will be displayed first above/before the post excerpts on the top of the blog page. Is this not the case?

Thanks

James B    436
James B

Hi there

I see, yeah on the blog template the content area where you place the text in a standard page is replaced with the posts so you can't have both.

However, if you download the 'contentbox' section, which is a free section from the pagelines store, this will act as a second text container. Once installed you can place this into the blog template in the drag and drop above the 'content' section and enter the text you want in Pagelines>page options>blog page>contentbox, this will then appear in the desired area.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

revoltoid    1
revoltoid

Hi James,

Thank you, I suspected that this was the case but wasn't sure. I can follow the contentbox way no problem.

Thanks again,

Istvan