matt85

poppy plugin and SPF

matt85    1
matt85

Hi, the poppy plugin has a big design issue! The senders mailadress is set as the "from" for the e-mail. If the senders mail provider has SPF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework) enabeld, and almost all have, the mail gets bounced because the server running pagelines on is not allowed to send mail in the name of the sender...

So the plugin is kind of useless because 90% of the messages will never arrive but get bounced... As a solution I suggest adding a "from" field in the options. There one needs to add a mailadress that the web-server is allowed to send mails from. The senders mailadress needs to be moved to the body of the e-mail!

BTW: There is no "Topic Prefix" for the poppy plugin, so I posted it to the "Hooker"...

Simon    247
Simon

Fixed in 1.1, thx for the heads up!

• Like 1

matt85    1
matt85

Simon, thank you for the really really fast release of version 1.1!

Now you placed wordpress@domain.com in the "from" header. This is much better than it was before, but still not perfect. For security reasons it is not best practice to let your webserver / wordpress send mails in the name of your main organisation. Our web-servers have specific (sub) domains which they are allowed to send mail from and they do not match our main domain name.

It would be greate if one was able to define the sender address via the options.

Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• emilyf
      By emilyf+
      Is there a way to customize the contact us form that Poppy uses?

At the very least, I would like the e-mail to indicate which page on our website that the form was submitted from. Ideally, I would turn it into a 3 or 4 question form with a radio button or two (beyond the basic text area block). Any ideas about how I could accomplish this?
    • gregory.guz
      By gregory.guz+
      So basically my question is if I can add Poppy contact form to the Salebar button link without any additional codding?

Thanks
    • mogulskier9
      By mogulskier9
      Hello,

I keep getting the following error when testing out the Poppy mail function on my site at: 59sp.mparkerdev.com/work

I've used Poppy previously on other sites with no problem, so not sure what the issue is.  I've tried different emails, deleting and reuploading plugin, and the usual steps.  Based on some of the other forum threads, I'm wondering if this is something on the server side that I need to fix (permission issue?). Any help is greatly appreciated, and if there's an alternative to Poppy that anyone recommends, please let me know!

Thanks!!

M
    • jorgepereiraok
      By jorgepereiraok
      Hello,    I wonder which way to insert the email contact in the Poppy Contact Form plugin .  Well from what I saw just enter the shortcode and the button now starts to work, but how do I know where you're going emails that are written by this plugin?
    • mistrmint
      By mistrmint+
      The poppy envelope using "[poppy type="i" class="icon-envelope icon-4x"] [/poppy]" just displays a rectangular block.

Site : http://empoweringmothers.yourdemosite.co.za/

Look in footer section.