Sign in to follow this  
josh_dme

Adding a page which access Database to get details

josh_dme

Hi,

I want to a page in pagelines theme, to display the values that are accessed from our internal database. How can I do that in pagelines lite version?

josh_dme

I have a Mysql database setup with my webhosting server. I have tables of information I want to grab from there and format it as required and display on a page or multiple pages.

Rob

Hi,

This customization, which isn't supported, would require use of an iframe. Make sure you write your iframe code in a page using the Text mode, not Visual mode.

If you need help with iframes, please see this for some great information: http://socialnicole.com/insert-iframe-wordpress/

You can also use php-includes, but try the iframe first.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• jinfinite8
      By jinfinite8+
      Hi, I'm a long time PageLines and DMS user. Trying out Platform 5 now.
      Does Platform 5 store data like DMS 2 as serialized data, or does it store data in a regular WordPress mysql table?
      Thanks very much.
      ~ julian
    • robhartley101
      By robhartley101+
      Hi

I have been working on a new design for our website. I designed it on a new database on 1&1 and on a spare domain name http://www.robotic-surgery-ent.com 

i have tested the transfer process on another free domain we own at www.sphinxjr.com

i have included before and after shots of the same page before and after the transfer. i can't think what i am doing wrong. i download the database from 1&1, change the web address lines from the robotic-surgery-ent to sphinxjr. i then upload it to the new database. i then download all the files from the design domain using ftp. i then copy the entire files over to the new domain (changing the config file over to reflect the new database name, password, web address  etc etc)

as i see it, i have made a mirror copy with the only changes being the database name and log in details. what am i getting wrong? the pages text and images are all correct but the DMS style i designs (i.e. layout, menus etc) are all missing. 
      i searched for help on transfering a website but couldn't find anything on your site, so looking for  help here. 

Cheers

Rob
    • bjs198
      By bjs198
      Hey all,

I just migrated a signed-off db from one domain to another, everything seemed okay after I ran a few update SQL scripts except that the [pl_site_url] shortcode embedded in the site's objects still references the old domain... can you help me update it? Assume I need to sun a SQL script of some sorts?

Cheers (quite urgent)

Barney
    • enkreativbyra
      By enkreativbyra
      Hi!

I have a VPS with 4gb ram and 4 cpus, it is pretty well optimized and serves other wordpress sites really fast. In fact, it serves sub-sites on my multisite superfast if it's using another theme than DMS.

So, what is up with this? For one of my subsites it did about 270 queries and took about 2 sec to complete, then the site starts to load, so the wait time is really long.

It scores really well, between 90-96 on yslow (grade A or B depending if it uses CDN) and pingdom.

Running latest wordpress with the latest dms. Not much plugin and only very good ones, like gravityforms.