Sign in to follow this  
jordydme

Removing h1 tag from Page title highlight in green bar at top

jordydme

I have two scenerios I need help with. 1) I see that nav titles for each page are duplicated in the green bar at top as h1 tags. Lets say for the home page I wanted to keep the size and font of the page title highlight the same so it would continue to say "HOME" in the same large text but I did not want that to be my H1 heading for SEO purposes...how would I keep that page highlight the same and remove the h1 tag from it? 2) Lets say I wanted to eliminate the nav/ page title highlight in the green bar at the top altogether. What would I do? does using a display: none declaration in the custom code for that particular instance of the h1 tag negatively impact SEO? Is it better to remove the h1 tag all together? Please give examples of what to add in the custom code area. 3) Does the all in one SEO pack allow me to customize the page title tags so that they are different from the menu titles.

cmunns

To remove the green bar with page titles select the option in THEME OPTIONS > HEADER & NAV "hide spotlight area" For changing it to a different h2,h3,h4 you will have to edit the HTML in _spotlight.php to change the h1 tags. And, yes I do believe SEO pack gives you that option, but I'm not absolutely certain.

jordydme

Thanks for the response. The thing is, I do not want to remove the green bar, just the tit of the page on say the home page...i like the green bar. Thanks

bryan-hadaway

Add this to your Custom CSS: `#spotlight h1{display:none}` Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

Hey JD So did you want to go ahead and change that section to something other than h1? Or do you want to perhaps change the default titles as an alternative to fix your SEO concerns.

jordydme

Maybe I am not explaining myself clearly. I am going to be inaserting my h1 headings in the main content area so I do not want two h1 tags on each page and that is what I would have by default if I insert an h1 in the content area of my home page. The default h1 in the green spotlight bar would be "Home" and the second h1 would be the one I use in my content area and I do NOT want that. I want the large "Home" text to be styled the same but not as an h1 tag. I would then use my own h1 for a page heading of my choosing. Having 2 h1 tags on a page is a definite SEO no no. Do you see what I am after. I do not really want to go the route of. #spotlight h1 display: none. I would rather not have the h1 for the spotlight on all the pages.

cmunns

Actually that's what I thought you needed. If we edit _spotlight.php we can change those h1 tags. (There are only one opening and one closing tag in the entire file ) Just change these to whatever you want h2,h3