kielcannon

Static Home Page Not Working

kielcannon    0
kielcannon

When I go to the Customize Theme area to choose whether its a static page or last post as my home page, there is a bug or something so it will not choose. Therefore, my site remains unoperational as I cannot direct to my wanted page. Please help

catrina    103
catrina

1. Did you already create a blank "Blog" page?

2. What happens if you try deactivating ALL active non-PageLines plugins?

3. Can you please take a screenshot of the Settings > Reading page and post it here?

4. Are you using the latest version of Framework (2.4) and WordPress (3.5.1)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kielcannon    0
kielcannon

On the Settings page under the reading tab, there is not the static/blog option anymore. It went away when I installed the pagelines framework and is now found under the theme (on the pagelines framework), customize link but does not function.

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

Could you make a screenshot of Settings > Reading.  Please upload it here as an attachment.

Did you create any static pages?  That option will not be available if there are no pages created.

If you have created pages and it's still missing then follow this:

Please deactivate all plugins except for Akismet (only if you're using it), PageLines Customize and PageLines Sections. All of them should be deactivated. 

Check Settings > Reading again. If the option is there again, great. If not, let us know.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• richardjacruz
      By richardjacruz+
      I thought I had seen the last of this problem. However, please look at dev.stevensoncraneservice.com (the development site for our company). Every internal page looks fine. However, the home page is "broken" on every browser. However, when I'm logged in when using Chrome as a admin, the site checks out fine.
      Can you help me figure this out?
      Thanks,
      Rich
    • davidcosgrove
      By davidcosgrove
      Hi,

This website http://itseasybeinggreenmovie.com/ is running DMS2 and I've run into a bizarre issue in Firefox.

When the home page initially loads up, the top portion of it gets truncated and "hidden" behind the top nav section, hiding the top portion of the intro paragraph and the top portion of the YouTube video.

Here is a screenshot of how it gets truncated - http://davidcosgrovesandbox.com/cutoff.png

This is how it should look (and does look upon refreshing) - http://davidcosgrovesandbox.com/not-cutoff.png

That affected section is a canvas area, 600 pixels high, with a background image.

For the time being, until this can be fixed, we just put the content in the WP-loop section, so the cutoff canvas area has been hidden for desktop and mobile users.  I want to enable it again once this can be fixed.

If you need Admin access to look at anything please PM me and I will set you up.

I've never run into this issue with DMS, it's a new one on me!  Thank you in advance for your help guys.

David
    • bloom1creative
      By bloom1creative+
      Hi guys

I never seem to have any joy when inputting custom javascript - am I missing something?  They always work fine in jsfiddle, yet they don't function at all on the DMS.  Options to try and get elements to 'snap' to the top after they have been scrolled over, like on the 'PinsPro' theme overview page you guys have (http://www.pagelines.com/shop/core/pinspro/) in which the "Details / DMS / Pricing" snaps to the top.

I have tried to use the Scrolltop() JQuery requests which work brilliantly in jsfiddle as I said, along with many other custom snippets I have tried, and yet when used in the DMS, nothing... Here is an example that works fine on jsfiddle, but doesn't in DMS : http://jsfiddle.net/ult_combo/ayGwn/4/

I know like with the top navbar, there are elements of scroll position detection in place, I just can't seem to work out what they are.

Any help would be super uber appreciated and I'm sure would help others too :cool:

Many thanks
    • jenrusfreelance
      By jenrusfreelance
      Hello -

The slider that is on the Home Page of our website (www.rphospital.org) is not showing up/working properly. I have tried to reload and fix things in the back-end of the slider options but it is still not showing up. Please advise. Any direction to get the slider to work again is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
      Cheyenne
    • franckhelin
      By franckhelin
      Hello,    How do I set the home page of a DMS site?