Search feature in this forum much less useful than Google

3 posts in this topic

In short, if I want to find anything in this forum I have to go search via Google. Using the internal search tends to generate no results. If I go search on Google I generally find what I'm looking for, using the same search terms.

absolutely right. searching this forum for 'postpins image size' brings up nothing. searching google for pagelines postpins image size brings 93,000 results in a half second. 

Fixed, the forum search engine needed a restart.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Search facility in Multimenu
      By MissT+
      Hi there,
      Just wondering if there is a reason why there is no search option within Multimenu as there is with Navi - would be good if it did have it and it worked in a similar way and you could switch it off when you need to.
      Many thanks.
    • How to Check/Repair Site Search Field
      By bartoncollege
      I have a site using Platform Pro 1.5.3 on WP 4.1.  After restoring the site following a hack and after upgrading to WP 4.1 and adding the Sucuri security plugin, I learned that the site search feature was no longer working.  After typing a search term and hitting Return, a completely blank page appears with the URL as "http://[sitename.tld]/?s=[search term]&submit.x=0&submit.y=0".  I'm not sure if it's an incompatibility with WP 4.1 or if it's the result of telling the Sucuri plugin to restore modified files.
      Would someone offer tips on what to check or repair?  Thanks.
    • Search throws deprecated and database error messages
      By balfred1345
      I updated to latest DMS yesterday, and am on WP 4.0.1.
      I'm testing a site prior to launch, and when I attempted to search the site I got this message:
      Notice: like_escape is deprecated since version 4.0! Use wpdb::esc_like() instead. in /home/videoh6/public_html/ on line 3201
      WordPress database error: [Subquery returns more than 1 row]
      SELECT post_id from wpCiDev1_postmeta where meta_key = 'pl-settings' and meta_value LIKE concat( '%', ( SELECT uid FROM wpCiDev1_pl_data_sections WHERE live LIKE '%frames%' order by id DESC ), '%')
      This happens with all plugins off except for PL plugins.
      Could you please tell me what I need to do to fix the search functionality?
      Here's the URL to the site:
    • Any way to bring the search bar on Hover ?
      By rijans
      Any possible way to bring the search bar on hover, rather than expanding by click? Tanking about navbar search button.
    • Change Search Query Parameter from 'S' to 'Q'?
      By rijans
      Is it possible to change query parameter from s to q of navbar search form? 
      I mean how can I make it work to have the URLs like instead of
      This will let me integrate Self hosted Google Custom Search into my site - as Google CSE JS works (listens to) with Q only.
      Which line of which file should I edit if I have to do it by changing code?  *Also I want to make sure my search page template stays same.