Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Include Google IE Compatibility Script?

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra    0
Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Hi,

I checked the box to 'Include Google IE Compatibility Script?'.

When I click on the link for more info I understand this should include a line of code into my source with this explenation:

IE7.js is a JavaScript library to make Microsoft Internet Explorer behave like a standards-compliant browser. It fixes many HTML and CSS issues and makes transparent PNG work correctly under IE5 and IE6.

Only thing is, I don't see this line of code anywhere in my sourcecode, so I'm wondering if it is included...

And I found a lot of people are talking about the code on this page: http://remysharp.com/2009/01/07/html5-enabling-script/

Is this the same what Google offers??

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Willem

PS Also the meta charset could be shortened in HTML5 > why is that not the case in Pagelines?

I write about internet marketing, WordPress and Pagelines on my Dutch blog spoelstra.ws

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi Willem,

I have bookmarked both your topics and when I get more information from one of our developers, Ill reply here.

Thank you for your patience.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon    247
Simon

The compat scripts are loaded on your site, using FF and spoofing the browser ID as ie7 I see this on your site : http://screencast.com/t/mYeSX6y21FI

As for the charset, the way we have it now validates on W3C validator.

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra    0
Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Hi Simon, thanks for the answer. Is it normal behavior of browser Chrome to hide this? When I look the source it's not there. Also when I look it up in FF (without spoofing) it's not there.

Is it for a reason they hide this, because your printscreen shows it's there.

Charset > clear to me now!

Kind regards, Willem

I write about internet marketing, WordPress and Pagelines on my Dutch blog spoelstra.ws

Simon    247
Simon

It only shows for ie7 and ie8. It isn't needed for any other browser