Include Google IE Compatibility Script?

5 posts in this topic

I checked the box to 'Include Google IE Compatibility Script?'.

When I click on the link for more info I understand this should include a line of code into my source with this explenation:

IE7.js is a JavaScript library to make Microsoft Internet Explorer behave like a standards-compliant browser. It fixes many HTML and CSS issues and makes transparent PNG work correctly under IE5 and IE6.

Only thing is, I don't see this line of code anywhere in my sourcecode, so I'm wondering if it is included...

And I found a lot of people are talking about the code on this page:

Is this the same what Google offers??

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

PS Also the meta charset could be shortened in HTML5 > why is that not the case in Pagelines?

Hi Willem,

I have bookmarked both your topics and when I get more information from one of our developers, Ill reply here.

Thank you for your patience.

The compat scripts are loaded on your site, using FF and spoofing the browser ID as ie7 I see this on your site :

As for the charset, the way we have it now validates on W3C validator.

Hi Simon, thanks for the answer. Is it normal behavior of browser Chrome to hide this? When I look the source it's not there. Also when I look it up in FF (without spoofing) it's not there.

Is it for a reason they hide this, because your printscreen shows it's there.

Charset > clear to me now!

Kind regards, Willem

It only shows for ie7 and ie8. It isn't needed for any other browser

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Sale Bar wrong colors and uncentered in IE
      By pazyluz
      This is how its supposed to look:
      This is how it looks in ie:
    • Sale Bar wrong colors and uncentered in IE
      By pazyluz
      In IE, the sale bar is not centered nor is it the correct colors.  What to do?
      Here is how it looks (and is supposed to look) in Chrome and FF:
      But this is how it looks in IE:  Look up in the left hand corner.
    • Help Needed With Extra Padding in IE
      By atcdomainsolutions+
      Building a site for a client and I keep experiencing padding issues in IE.  
      When you view in Chrome, the header area looks fine as far as padding but when you view in IE, there is extra padding that is appearing at the bottom of the header area (below the logo, social icons and Contact button) and I can't figure out how to remove that.
      Anyone have this issue before and know what is causing it?
    • Display issues in Internet Explorer
      By bonnysteele
      Some users are reporting problems viewing my site in IE. See the attached image. I can't replicate because I'm a mac user. Any ideas? 
      I saw this other thread and wondered if this solution would work for me:
      My site is:
    • IE and Firefox issues media boxes
      By margie
      Good Morning!
      Just launched our site yesterday and I am thrilled to say, it all went very well.  Thank you for all your support along the way.
      In viewing the site on the different browsers, I have found two issues, both on the same page, that appear when using either Firefox or IE.  
      This is the page -
      1) The picture to the left of "Advanced Manufacturing Technology Development" moves into the text area when you re-size the screen.  
      2) The picture to the right of "Materials Characterization and Testing" is only this size (i.e., huge) when viewed with IE or Firefox and the picture does NOT scale in size as I drag the screen smaller.
      Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
      Thank you and have a wonderful day:-)