jbrouwer

Buddypress 1.7 beta and Pagelines

jbrouwer

Hi,

I was just testing Buddypress 1.7 beta with Pagelines 2.4 as they (Buddypress) were claiming it works with every theme 'out of the box'. It actually does a pretty good job. However, there is a problem when running Pagelines in blog magazine mode. I believe Buddypress 1.7 uses the content filter to integrate with wordpress. When running Pagelines in magazine layout mode, the Buddypress content also gets displayed in a magazine layout. 

Just so you know. Maybe this could be fixed before the official release in march?

Cheers.

James B

Hi JBrouwer,

Yes if any update were to go through we'd make sure the integration was adjusted to compensate for this. I'll alert the developer team to this thread to make them aware there's a difference in the beta.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

snoopje

Hi ,

I'm a WP/Pageline newbee. 

I have to use buddypress and I installed the version1.7(beta) of BP. I Understood that this version of BP supports ALL WP Themes. My basic tests with BP1.7 and Pageline 2.4 are OK so far.

Questions : Do I still have to install the BuddyPressforPageLine Plugin ?

$regs 

Danny

Hi,

The BuddyPress for PageLines plugin simply styles BuddyPress so that it works with the changes you have made in the Color Control of PageLines Framework. So installation of the plugin is most likely needed, however, we do not support beta versions of plugins.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jbrouwer

Hi,

Buddypress 1.7 is out. Will the issue with magazine layout be fixed in the next Pagelines update?

Thanks.

James B

Hi there, what was the issue you were having with the magazine layout?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jbrouwer

See above, the buddypress pages also appear in magazine layout mode, hence with two columns. Not something you want with BP. BP 1.7 works without the BP template pack, see http://codex.buddypress.org/bp-17-upgrading-template-packed-themes/. Just install a fresh copy of BP 1.7 without the BP template pack (and delete the template files from your (child) theme and run Pagelines in magazine mode. You can see what happens.

Here you can read about the new BP template hierarchy: http://codex.buddypress.org/developer/theme-development/a-quick-look-at-1-7-theme-compatibility/. In Pagelines it seems it uses the archive template. 

How can I make a custom template in Pagelines for the new BP 1.7 structure?

• Like 1

James B

Hi there, I'll talk to our developer about this and see what he can see/advise, I've disabled the pack and deleted the files like above and my pages are using the default template now.

Edit: Have installed on to a completely new site, and can confirm that in magazine mode it is applying the archive template and placing all the buddypress content into one column spanning half of the page. The only way I can stop that is to install the template pack again which assigns it to another template.

James B

jbrouwer

Good to know you can confirm the problem. Would be nice if there is a solution without the BP Template Pack. 

I could include a buddypress.php file in the child theme and build a template. Not sure what the easiest way is in Pagelines. 

James B

Hello again, I've been informed it's being looked into deeper by the core team.

At the current time the only way it will work correctly is with the integration and the template plugin active as per before. We will update as soon as there is more information available.

• Like 1

James B

Erwan

Hi,

Any news for Pagelines with BuddyPress (1.7.1) ?

It looks like, with this last BP version, we need more than ever BP Template Pack which was not the case with 1.7. betas: am I right ?

Danny

As far as I am aware you have always needed to use the Template pack for BuddyPress to be compatible with PageLines.

Please search our forums, before posting!