Safari-specific coding?

2 posts in this topic

Good morning awesome Pagelines peeps,

My site is

The big issue is on page /news

Safari is rendering the blog page in a super duper ugly fashion. It was doing funky interpretations of nearly everything else too, but I *think* I fixed all of that with browser-specific styling. The problem with the blog page is I don't know what to do. It seems like I need extra padding between the small excerpts (after the 1st two large ones) but I have no idea what the selectors are, and everything I've found via firebug does nothing. Am I going about this the wrong way? 

One other odd thing I've noticed that no ther browser seems to do is when I refresh the page after changing something in the custom css section the page loses all custom css until I clear cache on the admin page and then refresh safari again. I'm worried about this because visitors might just see the ugly page :( What could cause this issue?

*Please* help me :)

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, nevermind. I changed the excerpt length, all good. 

Topic can be closed :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Slide loading very slowly in Safari
      By emilyf+
      Our new Pagelines site has been up about a month ( and so far it's worked fairly well. 
      Reviewing our Google Analytics, however, has brought to my attention that the site is loading exceptionally slowly on Safari, both on mobile and desktop. Average load time for each page is 4-8 seconds, but on Safari, it's over 22 seconds!
      Anybody else have this problem? Any recommendations?
    • Page won't up in Safari, but does in Chrome?
      By thesongchanneler
      Hello. Have you come across this problem? I'm building my website in google Chrome, and all my pages open. But if I (or someone else) uses Safari (maybe other browsers too?) the home page opens, but then when they click on a widget, the inked page shows my header and nav but a 404 Error symbol for everything else. Is there a plug in or something I can do to fix this?
      Thank You!
    • Grandstand Not Sliding in Safari
      By 21thirteen
      I've just installed and set up Grandstand in DMS2 for the first time. In checking the design of the page in different browsers I discovered that the slide effect, which works so nicely in Chrome and Firefox on both Mac and PC, does NOT work in Safari.
      The dev site can be seen at
      The client is an artist who, of course uses a Mac and Safari.
      Does anyone know of a fix for this?
      WP version is 4.1
    • Hero Images on iPad: Chrome and Safari
      By aldisney+
      I'm running into some problems with the Hero module on a site when viewing on an iPad Air in portrait-mode. This occurs in both Safari and Chrome. The hero image overlaps the text/heading, even when I try adjusting the %'s for both text and image. I tried searching "hero", "ipad" and "hero ipad", but didn't find anything on the subject in the forums.
      Here's an image.
      Technical Info:
      WordPress 4.1
      GoDaddy Managed WordPress Hosting
      Temp URL: 
      Site Info: 
      Work in progress; front page is the only "built" page
    • Canvas Section Background Video Not Appearing in Safari Despite Webkit
      By Claude203
      On our website ( the background video that plays behind the branding header will not show up in Safari despite the use of webkit CSS. It works fine in Firefox and Chrome. Not sure about IE since I do not have access to an IE computer.
      I have two video formats loaded as instructed in the section edit help, one is .mp4 and the other is .ogv.
      I am using the CSS snippet below:
      .bg-video {
      transform: translate(0,0%);
      -moz-transform: scaley(1.2) translate(0,5%);
      -webkit-transform: scaley(1.3) translate(0,9%);
      -ms-transform: scaley(1.2) translate(0,5%);
      I need help figuring this out. Probably a simple oversight but I am not yet seeing it.
      Thank you.
      PS–I'm not sure if this goes under a separate new topic but the background video also does not appear on the iPhone (not sure about iPad and other OSX devices).