Denis Ciumbargi

FontAwesome in read more link

Denis Ciumbargi    3
Denis Ciumbargi

Hi, i wanted to change the way the read more links appear on my website and instead of the arrow html to use the incorporated fontawesome icons like <i class="icon-chevron-right"></i> or the eye.

Nothing happens. Can i trick this somehow?

post-31546-0-58810000-1360940920_thumb.p

Where there is love, I'll be there.

Simon    247
Simon

You cant add HTML into that option, wordpress will sanitise it and strip any HTML.

So you need a filter. Assuming you already have the (free) pagelines-customize plugin installed and activated, add the following to its functions.php

add_filter( 'continue_reading_link_text', 'add_my_continue' );
function add_my_continue() {

return 'Continue Reading <i class="icon-beer"></i>';
}

Denis Ciumbargi    3
Denis Ciumbargi

Simon, thank you again! :D 

Sorry for the late reply back :D

Worked great :D

Where there is love, I'll be there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hello,
      I wondering (and custumers) when does Font Awesome 4.7 comes with an update of Pagelines?
    • DanatTLFN
      By DanatTLFN
      Site URL: thelocalfilmnetwork.com
      DMS Firmware: 2.2.1
      Wordpress: 4.5.1
      --------------------------------------
      Ticket Reference: 

At the bottom of this post, there is a CSS only option that I have implemented into my site. It looks brilliant, and I am super grateful for that addition to the thread. The only issue I am having is that the code he provides does not include all of the styling options for the button itself.
      My question is, how might I go about editing the styling of the button i.e. shadows, every element of the coloring, and border colors?
      No big deal if it's not easy to fix. Happy to provide any further information if necessary.
      Kind regards,
      Dan
      P.S. I have opened up the button in Google Dev window with Inspect and start editing it there, but it looks like there are some areas of the code that are connected to an external source (most likely bootstrap) and therefore I can't seem to edit it as much as I would like.
    • John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Wierd little problem with the "boxes"-section. Just updated to latest version of all..
      The outline-default-link puts itself behind another container.. or so.. so the top/bottom border won't show, also the left and right box won't show the border on the left side for the left box, and same for the right box, on the right side.
      The padding/margin is ofc on default-settings.. What can this be?

• janpeeters
      By janpeeters+
      Hi all,
      I was totally excited to find out about 'CSS Hero' (http://www.csshero.org) I read about it in the compatible plugins section of the PL5 docs (http://www.pagelines.com/resources/compatible-plugins) For me it's a great way to more easily customize my sites because I'm not a CSS pro.
      I'm wondering about one thing though… Does anyone know if using this will result in a heavy penalty on page loading speeds? Would love to start using it but only if it doesn't cost too much in terms of speed.
      Thanks, Jan
    • cliffordprimer
      By cliffordprimer+
      Trying my best to link words in a section to another section on the same page that provides more detail. Is there any way to do this.
      Brand new to pagelines -- using Voyant theme.