djcsuomi

Subscription on Blog Page

djcsuomi    0
djcsuomi

How can I get a subscription widget or plugin working on my blog page?  I don't want to disrupt the post pages themselves  but only the page I set to list my blog entries?  I can't seem to use a conventional widget since it won't let me add a sidebar or alternative formatting to the main blog page.  Please help.  Thank you. 

Edited by djcsuomi (see edit history)

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

Make sure you have PageLines Sections Plugin activated.  Go to Dashboard > PageLines Store > Sections. If you see a blue button to install it, please do so. If not, you'll see sections available for purchase there, and free ones.

You go to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Layout Editor and select a layout with a sidebar.  Then, go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop and using the image map, select SB1.  It should have Primary Sidebar in it. If it does not, please move Primary Sidebar from Available Sections to Active Sections.

Now, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and add any available widget that you'd like to Primary Sidebar.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

djcsuomi    0
djcsuomi

Is that a plugin I have to download from Pagelines or is it in the wordpress database?

Rob    547
Rob

Apologies, I just realized you have PlatformPro.

If you have your sidebar in the right place, it should work.  But PlatformPro is now a deprecated product and our support for it is thinning.  I'd sincerely recommend you upgrade to PageLines Framework.

djcsuomi    0
djcsuomi

Oh, I guess I have been out of the loop for a little.  We will consider making the switch.

For now, though, if there is some help you can give, it'd be great.  I do have the page template including a fullwidth sidebar, which features the proper subscription widget.  However, the layout of the blog page does not seem to change, regardless of which template I assign it. Is that normal?

catrina    103
catrina

By template, you mean the template that you're picking from the page editor or the blog page doesn't change no matter what sections you're deactivating or activating in Template Setup?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

djcsuomi    0
djcsuomi

In the template setup I assigned a fullwidth sidebar, to which my subscription widget is assigned, to the custom page area.  Then, in the page editor for the page assigned to the blog, I choose the custom page template.  Nothing happens. 

catrina    103
catrina

What happens if you activate the full width sidebar in a different area? Does it appear?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob    547
Rob

Okay, go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup.   Select Posts Page Content Area.

Select the Universal or Content Sidebar. Place it where you'd like it to appear in vertical aligment. Click "Save Options" on the top right.

Now, go to Dashboard > Appearances > Widgets and click on the sidebar you just used. A panel will open.

Add a widget.  Click save (in the widget).  View the blog page.

• Like 1