Sign in to follow this  
mightaswell

removing post info - specific posts

mightaswell    1
mightaswell

First, thanks.. loving page lines..

I resolved my issue searching these forums but it made me think of a "future" question..

I have a pagelines site and I am using easy digital down loads, which creates a custom post type "downloads"..

I was able to learn how to remove the post info (author, date, etc.) by adding the   to the Configure Full Width Post Metabar under PageLines - Site Options - Blogs and Posts.. great!

But "what if"... I had a site using the EDD plugin AND blog posts and I only wanted the post meta information removed from the downloads post type?

I'll admit I am new to wordpress, and assume I would override something else somewhere, such as a template file.. but in the spirit of learning, if one of you experts might point me in that direction.....

Admittedly, I am posting this for myself to find (with an answer) sometime in the future.. Like McFly punching Biff..

Thanks!

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

In order to remove the meta bar data on a custom post type, you will most likely need to use a filter. However, you can hide it via custom CSS, I created a custom post type called movies, in the code below remove moveis and replace it will your custom post type name.

.single-movies .metabar em {
display: none;
}
  • Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!