Sign in to follow this  
Skip

WhiteHousePro

Skip

Recently purchased WhiteHousePro Developer Installed & since then the latest release is NOT working with the latest version of wordpress 3.0.1 View how it is disfunctional at this link: http://trueblueauctions.com/blog/WordPress/ No side bars, footer options, etc. Deleted & re-installed WhiteHousePro several times and still having same problems. I do notice that if I delete it and install the WhiteHouse 2.0 that it works fine less all the added features and functionality of the WhiteHousePro & WhiteHouse Developer versions. Anyone have any ideas how to actually get the WhiteHouse Developer 3.1.0 to work with the latest version of wordpess? Thank you for your thoughtful consideration. All the best of Providence. Skip

cmunns

Hey Skip, Did you get any errors? How were you installing the Developer version?

Skip

Hello Adam Thanks for responding. No errors at all appear. I installed by uploading the zip file and I've also decompressed the zip file and uploaded via FTP to the themes page. Here is what I noticed. Before the latest wordpress version the pro worked fine. Since purchasing the developer edition the ONLY version that works is the 2.0 free download from the wordpress website. Is it possible that the developer edition is not working right with the newest version of wordpress? Could the download file from the pagelines website have problems? Thank you for you thoughtful consideration. Skip

bryan-hadaway

If you have any code in Theme Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS please post for our review. Also, have you tried manually adding sidebar widgets from: Appearance > Widgets? Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

Hey Skip, I did test the Developer edition on my local machine and it works normally. Here is what the validator returns for the "buying" nav page Validation Results For some reason there is unclosed tags on the Sidebar/widget divs which are causing this problem Did you edit template files at some point? Or do you have any plug-ins that add widgets?

Skip

Hello Adam No, I did not edit any template files. I do not have any plugins that have any widgets. I performed a complete re-install of wordpress and deactivated all the plugins. I did not add any widgets. I all the plugins and re-installed wordpress. It still shows the problems on the right sides where nothing shows up. There are no tags at all. 1 post, 29 pages, 1 category, 1 comment and 1 pending. What do you think it is & what should I do? Thanks & take care, Skip

Skip

Also, Just delted the pst & comment. The only category is "uncategorized". Hope this helps get an idea what to do. Thanks again, Skip

bryan-hadaway

If you have any CSS in Custom CSS please post that here for our review. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

Hey Skip, Developer here.. It looks like you are getting a PHP error of some sort when the page load gets to your widgets. Did you try disabling all the widgets you're using and see if that fixes the issue? Also, you might check your error log (on your server) as your server (rightly) isn't publishing errors to the viewing public :) Your host could probably help you isolate the error that is happening if need be.

Skip

Hello arpowers & Bryan Thanks for writing. As far as I can tell there is no custom CSS No widgets at all in place. I created an admin account and mailed you the login and password so you can see what may be wrong. I sent it to hello@pagelines.com Thank you very much for your help & support. All the best of Providence. Skip

bryan-hadaway

We can't log into your account, since you have nothing showing up in the sidebar, I would like you to try manually adding in widgets from: Appearance > Widgets to check if it works. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

Skip, did you ever get a hold of your hosting provider to check for any possible errors that may help us troubleshoot?

Skip

Hello Adam There are no problems with the server. It runs Plesk and is hosting other wordpress blogs without any problems or issues. Were you able to login and notice anything? Please let me know what I should do. Thank you, Skip

Skip

Hello Bryan Thanks for the ideas. I have added the "links" and "pages" widgets to the main sidebar and still nothing appears... Please advise. Thank you & best of Providence. Skip

cmunns

Your link wasn't any good so I couldn't take a look.

Skip

Adam Did you receive my past eMail... You should be good to go to login... Call me at 814-280-1000 if you have any problems getting in. Thanks, Skip

bryan-hadaway

Just letting you know we haven't forgotten about you... continued developer support should continue in the morning, bump your topic. And when you receive the solution we'd love to have you share it on the forum. Thanks, Bryan

Skip

Hello Bryan Thanks for your help & support. I too look forward to seeing what may be wrong here and getting our site moving forward... Thank you & best of Providence. Skip

Skip

Hello I notice a problem with the them. I did a complete re-install of wordpress and uploaded and decompressed the theme whitehouse pro dev This is for the website: http://dreibelbisauctions.com I have added NO content and as you can see, it does NOT show up correctly... You can eMail me at skip.dreibelbis@comcast.net and I will give you all the FTP and login info. to see what is up. Thank you, Skip

bryan-hadaway

Hi skip, is this the same issue from 3 weeks ago or something completely different? If you could temporarily make the site live for us to access the situation that would be best. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

Looks like you are getting an error with one of the widgets.. the error isn't being shown to the page (a setting on your server) Have you checked your server logs? or with your host on this? (theory- you have a server configuration that is slightly unusual; which is why we don't see this issue often)