theinfinitywall

Adjust the margins under images in my blog posts

theinfinitywall    0
theinfinitywall

Hello,

I would like to adjust the space underneath our images in blog posts. I have tried several different things, searched, and haven't found a solution yet.

What css code would work to reduce (adjust) the padding under blog post images.

Example:

http://thisisyou.net/lindsay-cory/

That huge white line underneath is what we would like to reduce down.

Thanks,

Mark

Rob    547
Rob

Hi Mark,

Do you have Firebug for Firefox or know of Chrome's Inspection Tool?

These two tools allow you to point to an element and see all the relevant CSS and HTML that makes the element. The link below provides information on how to use these tools.

http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

Likely, the margin-bottom is set to a value larger than you want.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

theinfinitywall    0
theinfinitywall

It is larger than I want it to be. I do have chrome, and have used the inspection tool. I just cannot get any css to work for some reason to make the adjustment

theinfinitywall    0
theinfinitywall

From what I am seeing, it looks like the image margins padding and border are at 0 already. So, I'm lost. Would it be from placing the images in the blog post, then it counting them as paragraphs?

Rob    547
Rob

Images shouldn't be set as paragraphs as that will add a whole new level of padding and margins.

The post's edit box in has an image option to include images and does not use paragraph tags.  It allows you to set the alignment and if you then use the Text Mode, you can move text right up under the image code, keeping the alignment pretty tight.

theinfinitywall    0
theinfinitywall

Rob,

Right.

I do get the concept, teach people how to fish,...do not give them fish,...or they will be back tomorrow. I see how it applies here.

However, I have been fishing, and something is broken or I'm missing something.

I do thank you for your time, however,....I feel as if you are missing my question, or are giving me answers and information that do not directly resolve why I am posting.

Am I missing something?

I see the margins at 0, and a huge space. Any css I try to use, still has no effect.

Rob    547
Rob

Mark,

Let me make this very clear, with absolute respect. We are not supposed to provide CSS to our clients.  It is considered designing their sites and against our company's policy. We strongly recommend that people use Firebug or Chrome's Tools to identify and test CSS.

That said, I'd like you to test this:

p, .p, .hentry ul, .hentry ol {
    margin: 0 0;
}

In future though, please use those tools and if you need reference to a resource, we will be very happy to assist at any time.

theinfinitywall    0
theinfinitywall

Rob,

I appreciate both your response, and your time.

I tested, and it completely removes the white space under the images in their entirety. When I insert values to adjust the white space accordingly, it reverts back to it's original margin padding :(

Rob    547
Rob

It was intended to do just that.

Let me say that I strongly recommended applying the images without paragraph tags around it.

You may adjust the margins by using something like 0.2em for the 2nd 0 in the margin tag.

margin: 0 0.2em;

Please reference http://www.w3schools.com/css/ for additional information on margins.
  • Like 1