scoop

Features stopped working

scoop    0
scoop

Hi,

Features have stopped working - have them set in - Pagelines> Page Options  with the standard suggested rotation - fade - no navigtion - the name of my desired set and sized as 16:9, max 11 features.

Had worked until a day ago when the overflow showed up instead of a rotation.

Also have the feature set I want selected in the desired page.

Thanks to Rob's suggestion to another user - I have managed to hide the overflow - but the feature is still static and not fading to any of the other 10 Features in the selected set.

#page #feature-area {
overflow: hidden;
}

But am still no longer seeing a slideshow.

page involved at the moment is: http://drderekanthony.com/experience/opera/
access sent to hello@pagelines.com under the subject line Menu height.

Help - thanks....

scoop    0
scoop

Hi Catrina,

Yes I did - even deactivated the PL plug-ins - nothing helped.

Simon    247
Simon

The site linked in the OP is not even pagelines. Please provide the URL to the page where features are not working.

scoop    0
scoop

http://drderekanthony.com/experience/opera/

but you have to login to see it - client wants the site hidden - have emailedthe access codes to hello@pagelines.com... under my other open topic "Menu height"

have to go to www.drderekanthony.com/wp-admin and login with info provided in my email to 'hello'

Simon    247
Simon

What other topic? I dont have access to the hello email, thats the support desk. Youve opened a support desk ticket now so im sure someone else will be taking it over.

scoop    0
scoop

Hi - was trying to respond toDanny have not opened a support ticket. Have been told in the past not to post passwords here. How do I get them to all of you? There used to be a way to send a private message when clicking in a profile but I don't see that any longer.

scoop    0
scoop

on my phone - the above had posted twice....

Rob    547
Rob

As Simon points out, for us to help, we'll need to see the site live.  If you client seeks to hide the site from search engines, that's an option in Dashboard > Settings. Unfortunately, without having access our moderator team can't take a proper look at the site to find issues of concern.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob    547
Rob

Do you have the settings for the slides set for specific size and are all the slides the exact same size?

Are all the slider settings correct, including a transition, speed and all the other slide settings set?

scoop    0
scoop

all images are the same size - all are set to be read at 16:9 as when I had a constant height the people were fat and the entire image didn't show.

All are set to fade and 5,000 to show and 1500 to change with I believe boxes for navigation - it had been working when I had a constant height and thumbnails for navigation - but even when I go back to the pagelines default images nothing is moving/changing.

made sure that settings were the same on the page as in the pagelines page options settings.

Rob    547
Rob

At this point, I think you'd have to hire a developer due to the volume of customization already done. 

I'll recommend you go to http://www.pagelines.com/pros

scoop    0
scoop

that is not an answer - the features were working a day ago - then suddenly stopped and were showing an overflow - there were no plugin or site changes - only changed the image proportions and the image navigation - nothing that I would need a developer for. Something that Pagelines was designed to handle.

Rob    547
Rob

Scoop,  I can't remotely tell what was done, nor can I just go into your site.  I suspect that settings were modified, somehow. Not blaming anyone for that, these things happen from time to time.  If you've modified images or changed anything, it's possible the settings have changed.  I'm sorry. I've not said this to be offensive, but to provide you with the best possible resources. 

Rob    547
Rob

Looking into your source code, it does not appear any transitions are set for the slide shown.  One thing you may need to check... are the slides in the same set you're trying to display?

scoop    0
scoop

Will double check but they were all in the 'opera' set - and they were all showing up on the page before I used your code to hide the overflow - which makes me think they are certainly there on the page and in the same set.

scoop    0
scoop

my settings in Page options - and in the page

post-19853-0-40812500-1360732525_thumb.j

Rob    547
Rob

Hi

if your images are all the same size, use static size.

If you have the CKEditor plugin, deactivate it.

If you have not checked each slide's transition, please do so and modify to a fixed, static size. If you have to, modify the images in a graphics editor to make sure they're the correct measurements.

James B    436
James B

Hi Scoop

Looking in firebug its showing a javascript error on the page. Looks like its coming from a plugin called ckeditor? I would suggest deactivating that, as it's still live on the site at the moment. Then flushing the cache fully, then try reloading the page.

You could also test to see if it's related to the css, remove the css and paste it into a blank text doc (so you have a copy safe) then save and see if the carousel resolves. If it does, then go through the css bit by bit to see which part is conflicting :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

scoop    0
scoop

Disabled CKEditor - no change - will have to start removing css tomorrow  - to see if any of that helps.... thanks - will be back....

: (

Rob - you mentioned image size - current page content width is 1100px as is each Feature created in the same template - what should they be?

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

Can you please disable all non-PageLines plugins and enable PageLines debug mode. PageLines > Site Options > Advanced.

Please search our forums, before posting!

scoop    0
scoop

Hi Danny,

Thank you!

Don't know what Magic Quotes is - of where I would turn it off.... Had simple CSS turned off yesterday ... did not make a difference - but I did have to rebuild it when I turned it back on and so I left it on now..

post-19853-0-31897400-1360760077_thumb.p

Danny    1,327
Danny

Have you made any changes to the core files at all ?

As you have this error on your site.

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token :

Please search our forums, before posting!

scoop    0
scoop

Not sure what you mean by core files - and so I don't think so -had used customize a week or so ago - but - that was when the 'features' were working. they just stopped - will post all customizations here:

Site Options - custom code:

body{}

#site .section-branding .content {
background-color: black;
}

#site .section-nav .content {
}

.navigation_wrap .main_nav_container {
    float: left;
    height: 18px;
    margin-right: -230px;
    width: 100%;
}

#nav_row {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #8C8C8C;
}
.navigation_wrap .main_nav {
    height: 18px;
    margin-right: 230px;
    margin-top: 0;
    position: relative;
    text-align: left;
    z-index: 28;
}

ul.sf-menu li a {
    padding: 2px 2px;
}

ul.sf-menu ul li a {
    padding: 3px 5px 5px;
}

#site .section-features .content {
}

#site .section-boxes .content {

}

#site .section-page-main .container-group {
}

#page #feature-area {
overflow: hidden;
}

.page-id-34 section-content .texture h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote { color: #000000;}

.page-template-default .content { background: #000000;}

.page-template-alpha .section-content { background: #ffffff;}

.page-template-alpha .section-content .texture h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote { color: #000000;}

#page .page-template-alpha .section-boxes  h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote { color: #ffffff;}

Editor - Pagelines Customize custom code:

#.main_nav_container {
    float: left;
    margin-right: -230px;
    width: 100%;

}

#nav{
    background: #8C8C8C;
}
#nav_row{
    background: #8C8C8C;
#nav .content-pad, #secondnav .content-pad {