scoop

Menu height

scoop

Hi,

Client want a very fine menu - wants it to have minimal padding above and below the text.

Have tried adding this to my custom code section but it hasn't made a difference.

Can you point me in the right direction. am using the classic nav bar.

#site .section-nav .content .content-pad {
padding-bottom: 5px;
    padding-top: 5px;
}

also tried:

#nav .content-pad, #secondnav .content-pad {
    padding-bottom5px;
    padding-top5px;
}

Thank you

scoop

Just realized that to do this - I may have to move the search box out of the nav section as that may be dictating the height of the nav bar.

I it possible to make the search box smaller (height) - and how would I do that - or to move it up to the brand-nav section and change its background color from the white to a non intrusive grey?

Thanks

Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question and also a concept image of how you wish to achieve please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

scoop

Hi Danny,

Site is still protected under the construction page - will send you a message again with access - want it to look like this:

Couldn't find where to send you a private message so sent it to [email protected]

Thank you!

post-19853-0-94189100-1360677811_thumb.j

post-19853-0-68633800-1360677941_thumb.j

greenfly

Hi Scoop 

Try this 

.navigation_wrap .main_nav {
  height:22px;
}

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

scoop

Hi Martin,

Didn't help ... even hid the search in case.... thank you...

Rob

Scoop,

It's nearly impossible, given the volume of code that's applied to the menu to guess at the method without seeing the site live. 

Can you set the site up so that we can see it, and disable it from search engines, at least temporarily?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

scoop

have temporarily deactivated the UnderConstruction plugin so that you can see the site.

www.drderekanthony.com

Thank you!!

Rob

Scoop,

I was able to test this:

.navigation_wrap .main_nav_container {
    float: left;
    height: 25px;
    margin-right: -230px;
    width: 100%;
}

Which did change the size of the navigation, however, you will see if you test that code that each component of the menu has its own CSS, and thus its own size.  The menu is not a single, proportionally sized element.  The menu items remain large, as does the search bar.

You'd have to use that code to set the basic bar (modified as the height I set was solely for testing purpose), then change the CSS for each additional component. It's not going to be an easy task.

I found this .main_nav ul li a

Changed the line height there too and that yielded a positive change, BUT, it wouldn't apply to a non linked menu item, AND, it added space between parent and child menu items.  As I said, not easy, but not undoable.

scoop

Do you think I would be better off using a custom menu - such as a projectseven menu that I use in Dreamweaver? - and if I did do you know how would I go about that?

Thanks for looking...

Rob

It's not going to take days to fix the Nav Classic. Just an afternoon. It would probably take much longer to replace it.

• Like 1

scoop

Thanks.... I am so bad a figuring out what to use and what not to in firebug - wish there was an easier way!

Assuming this should be marked solved - can I reopen it if I run into trouble?

Rob

You can always open a new topic and reference this one.