Sign in to follow this  
micheledc

How to make a Post "sticky"

micheledc    0
micheledc

I just upgraded to PageLines Framework from free Platform. I couldn't find this on a search of the forums, so forgive me if this has already been asked and answered.  Could you direct me where to find how to make a Post "sticky" so that it stays at the top of the first website page (set for blog posts rather than static).

For example, I want to make the Post about the next meeting stay at the top until after the meeting, then make it "unsticky."  

I hope that makes some sense.

Thanks in Advance and sorry if I missed this in searching or if this question is in the wrong location.

Michele

micheledc    0
micheledc

Nevermind. It was actually in WordPress itself. Duh! I had to click Edit next to Visibility. Feel mighty dumb right about now . . .

Rob    547
Rob

Don't feel that way. It's a learning curve.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey guys,

I'm working on TheEargazm.com and I would like to have a sticky post on my first flipper. So the post of my choice would always remain the first one, until I choose otherwise. You can do this in the wordpress interface, but it doesnt effect the posts in the flipper. Can you help?
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      I'd like to make blog pages be a set number of posts per page including sticky posts.

It looks like the way WP works is to add on all the sticky posts to the 'Blog pages show at most' WP setting - so if you have 2 sticky posts and have set the 'Blog pages show at most' setting to 10 the first blog page will show 12 post.

I'd prefer that every page only shows 10 posts - so the first blog page would show 2 sticky posts + 8 'normal' posts = 10 posts on the page.

I'm guessing this would mean using a base child theme and altering 'the loop' somehow?

Any help much appreciated.