Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eveliut

Google Analytics Status: Tracking Not Installed

eveliut    0
eveliut

Hi there,

Whatever I do, my Google Analytics Status says: Tracking Not Installed. I've been playing with it for a couple of weeks now. I've pasted my snippet to Editor > Footer.php, as well as to Site Options > Custom Code > Footerscripts Code or Analytics. I've also tried several plugins. I went back and I made sure I followed all the steps. Nothing seems to be working. According to Google forums, a lot of people seem to be facing this problem. Unfortunately, one cannot expect much help from Google. :)

Am I missing something? Do you have any ideas? Any help appreciated. ;)

Simon    247
Simon

In the header you have this code:

_gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-0000000-0']);

​So google is probably just ignoring your page.

eveliut    0
eveliut

Hmmmmm... I looked in header.php and I can't find this code.

eveliut    0
eveliut

Have you maybe removed it for me? I went to Analytics, the status still says Tracking Not Installed, but it started showing new visitors! I've read that's the case for some other Analytics users too. Well, who cares, as long as it shows traffic sources and visitors. ;)

Danny    1,327
Danny

We do not have access to your site, therefore we haven't and can't remove anything. I am happy to hear that your analytics are now working.

If it says Tracker not installed, you haven't correctly installed Google analytics, I recommend you contact Google for assistance. All you need to do on PageLines end, is add your tracking code to the Footer Scripts & Analytics code area.

Also, if you have made changes to the core code, then I recommend you download a fresh copy of PageLines and using your FTP client, upload a fresh copy of the files you have made changes to.

As we do not recommend or support edits to the core files.

Please search our forums, before posting!

eveliut    0
eveliut

Hi and thanks for the answer.

That's exactly where I installed it... I couldn't find the code Simon_P mentioned though. I guess I'll check Google forums for further assitance, but I'm glad it's finally working! Thanks for your time.

kajort    0
kajort

Where is  Footer Scripts & Analytics code area?

I see the custom scripts tab and installed Google Analytics code there, but they still don't see it.

Thx.

Simon    247
Simon

In PageLines Framework there was a setting in the main admin area for footer scripts.

kajort    0
kajort

But now, in current Pagelines (I'm up to date), I would just add to the custom script area, yes?

So, that's what I've done...thoughts as to why google still says tracking now installed?

Thx!

Simon    247
Simon

Im not sure what software your referring to, if its PageLines Framework then yes its as i described.

If your using DMS, then your should be in a different part of the forum rather than posting on a very old thread,

But to answer your question in the frontend editor just add to custom scripts.

• Similar Content

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      Where do I add the google experiment code for A/B testing so it would be above the original google analytics tracking code? 
      1. I've tried to put in the Pagelines Advanced settings
      2. and in the functions php file, but none of that worked. 
      I'm using a SEO yoast plugin to connect wordpress with GA and there are no settings to add the code before the original one.

• Barnaby Skinner
      By Barnaby Skinner+
      Hey team,
      Really simple question: where would I add code to a specific page header? I can see in the settings I can add code to the global header, but can't see how to do it for a single specific page. It's related to facebook pixel tracking
      Cheers
    • navigador
      By navigador+
      If I'm using PL5 with PL5 Framework, what is the best way to include Google Analytics code?

I know we have an Advanced section in Settings but that just allows for Header scripts. Should we also have a footer (after body) section to place scripts like GA.

• dgsarnow
      By dgsarnow+
      I would like to add Google Analytics click tracking to the buttons on my site. I use the Pagelines shortcodes for the buttons. I was able to add the necessary header script easily using Custom Scripts.

How can I insert the following onclick option to my buttons?

onclick=”trackOutboundLink(‘http://www.domain.com’); return false;"