Sign in to follow this  
nrbeatty

WhitehousePro Crashes on iphone

nrbeatty

Hi all, I just installed and lightly configured a new Whitehouse install. When i go to my homepage on my iphone, it crashes and closes safari. I've never seen that happen before. It defintely has something to do with the feature box, b/c the other pages don't crash. It's the default fault, so I'm not sure what is the problem. Check it out on your phone! aocpmr.net Cheers, Nick

cmunns

Hey Nick, We've pinpointed the problem to the GoogleMaps API that is used on our demo site. I'm guessing you have google maps somewhere on your site as well? If not then can we get a link to your site?

nrbeatty

Hi Adam, The url is www.aocpmr.net. Yes, there's a googleMaps API- the one that cme with the theme. Please advise on how this can be fixed, and if GoogleMaps API is still a viable feature. Thanks, Nick

cmunns

Hey Nick, If you get a wild hair try rebooting your iphone to see if that works. Also, try it without the map embedded in there. I would just like to confirm you get the same results as us.

nrbeatty

Hi Adam, I feel like a dork (or less of a dork) not knowing what wild hair means :), but... I set my "Feature 4" as a draft and iphone safari no longer crashes and closes. The code was from the demo: [googlemap address="San Diego, CA 92109" width="610px" height="340px"] Any thoughts? Are shortcodes still usable? thanks! nick

cmunns

Probably less of a dork haha. I've inherited plenty of phrases circa my parents generation :) The google maps API was updated recently, bc the old version didn't work with mobile browsers. Try grabbing embed code straight from Google to see if that works better.

nrbeatty

sounds great, thx. I'll set this as resolved.