Sign in to follow this  
ehempler

How do you Customize Sidebars

ehempler    0
ehempler

I'm looking to make different sidebars for different pages. 

How do I customize the sidebar for each page.

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

I'm presuming you mean to add different content, or did you mean something else?

For different widgets in different pages or areas of your site, you'll need Widget Logic plugin. This allows you to tell a widget where to appear.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• TallTree
      By TallTree+
      Hi,
      I am trying to remove the sidebar areas from my child theme (pagelines.com) from the post pages on a site:
      https://staging4.talltreemusicfestival.com/2017/grand-analog/
      The content is all the way to the left and very small, and the two sidebar areas are taking up a lot of space.
      What I'm after is content to the left, taking up most of the space, and then a small sidebar width on the right for widgets.
      I've tried selecting 'read width content' and 'full width content' in the edit screen for the WP content section, but it doesn't change.  If I try to move the sidebars (1 or 2) to the left, it doesn't change.
      If I select the pagelines framework theme (not child), the two sidebars go away when not selecting them in the edit screen..
      Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      Hello,
      I have an older site that was built using PageLines several years ago (prior to the release of DMS). I wanted to leverage some of the power of your new PL5 plugin but the theme prevents be from adding any generated custom sidebars to the theme (through the drag and drop interface) and does not allow me to add any PL5 sections/containers/etc to the header or footer. Is there any way to easily override that or am I stuck only using PL5 in the content areas of the site?
      Thanks so much for the help!
    • 888voip
      By 888voip+
      Hey guys, is there any way to get more than 3 sidebars for my site? I'd like to be able to have more than 3 customized sidebars, but I only have Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary sidebars in my Widgets menu.
      How can I go about adding more sidebars? I've seen plugin support for DMS for more sidebars, using the sidebar manager plugin, or others, but nothing regarding Platform 5 sidebar support.
      Any help? Thanks!
    • jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Have an old frameworks site client is not ready to update to DMS: http://deckmasterfinedecks.com.  Have the most recent version of Frameworks installed.
      Just updated plugins all was fine. Updated Wordpress core from 4.1.7 to 4.3 and got a bunch of notice errors messages - specifically 10 notices that the sidebars were not being registered properly in functions.php as they require an ID, so default IDs were being used. Here are the warnings:
      Notice: register_sidebar was called incorrectly. No id was set in the arguments array for the "Primary Sidebar" sidebar. Defaulting to "sidebar-1". Manually set the id to "sidebar-1" to silence this notice and keep existing sidebar content. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.2.0.) in /home/leavens/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3622

(also for Secondary, Tertiary, Universal, Full Width, Content, Footer Columns, MoreFoot Left/Middle/Right)
      After some investigation, I found had define('WP_DEBUG', true); in wp-config.php so set that to false to get rid of the messages, but is this a bug that should be addressed? Have not checked each and every page of side to make sure all is functioning, but thought his was a serious enough issue to bring it to the communitiy's attention.
      Kindly advise...
      JEO
    • interactivelimited
      By interactivelimited+
      I am a bit confused by the following situation:

I have WPMU DEV's Custom Sidebar Plugin installed, with a few sidebars created, "Sidebar 1", "Sidebar 2", "Sidebar 3", etc.

I have a Page Template, let's call it "Page With Sidebar".

Within the "Page With Sidebar" template, I have a Widgetizer box, with a Default Sidebar as "Sidebar 1".

Everything works up until this point.

Now, I create a new Page.

From the Edit Page screen, I select DMS Page Setup ->  Load PageLines Template -> "Page With Sidebar".

I scroll a little further down the screen to the Sidebar Menu, that states:

"Here you can replace the default sidebars. Simply select what sidebar you want to show for this post!"

And, I select "Sidebar 2", publish the page, and go to view it to see - "Sidebar 1" on the page.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Brandon