jbrouwer

Charts in php

jbrouwer    5
jbrouwer

Hi,

Is it possible to use the charts shortcode in PHP? I would like to show charts of user generated data.

Thanks.

catrina    103
catrina

To clarify, how do you intend on incorporating both? Like, adding the shortcode inside a PHP tag?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jbrouwer    5
jbrouwer

Sorry for the short explanation.

I would like to show a chart on each post using the data which is stored in the custom fields of that post. Every post has different data to show (user generated). Is there a way I can use the chart option Pagelines offers? What is the best way to do this with Pagelines?

I was trying to do this with Google charts API, but I was running into trouble to get server side data into a client side generated chart. This code from Google is helpful, but I don't know how I can get custom fields (it needs the loop) using an ajax call.

Thanks

Danny    1,327
Danny

If I am totally honest, I wouldn't really have any idea how to achieve this. However, I did do a search and found this plugin which uses custom fields apparently.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tally-graph/

If the plugin isn't for you, I would recommend contacting one of our Pros, who may be able to assist you - http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny    1,327
Danny

How did you achieve this in the end ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

jbrouwer    5
jbrouwer

I made a little plugin. It uses the wordpress buildin ajax functionality to get the metadata from the post and display it in a google chart. Let me know if you want to have the code.

Cheers.