Sign in to follow this  
jaysondemersgmailcom

iBlogPro 4 just crashed my site and I can't reverse it

jaysondemersgmailcom

Hi Bryan, I just had this error happen again on another of my domains. It started when I logged into the admin panel and attempted to change some settings in the feature setup area. When I clicked "Save," it sent me to a 404 error page. Since I was unable to save any changes, I figured I would just update to the newest version of iBlog Pro and see if that solved the problem. When I switched to the newest version of iBlog Pro, it crashed my site. I recalled having this problem a while ago and referred to your instructions above, regarding changing permissions. My permissions were already set to 0755 as you advised, so I deleted my iBlog Pro folders to make my site accessible again. I restored my site to a backup I had made yesterday, updated to the latest version of Wordpress, and then tried to install the latest version of iBlog Pro. When I did so, it didn't crash my site but it completely screwed everything up. The nav bar was all out of sorts and a host of other problems manifested. I reverted back to iBlog Pro 4.0.6 (my last working version) and am now stuck. I'm unable to change any settings on my site because whenever I click "Save setup" it send me to a 404 error page and doesn't save my changes. I'm stuck and I need help! Thanks, -Jayson

timlinson
When I switched to the newest version of iBlog Pro, it crashed my site.
Was it the same error as the last time? `Fatal error: Call to undefined function register_nav_menus() in /home/corysst1/public_html/wp-content/themes/iblogpro/config/config_sidebars.php on line 22` What's the url of the new site?

jaysondemersgmailcom

Hi Tim, Yes, it was the same error as last time. The domain url is www.audiencebloom.com. Currently the site is up, but I am unable to make any changes to it because every time I try to save settings changes I get a 404 error page.

Simon

Jayson what version of wordpress is the 'crash' happening on? `register_nav_menus()` was added in version 3.0

jaysondemersgmailcom

3.1.1 I believe. Whatever the latest version of WP is.

jaysondemersgmailcom

Is there, perhaps, someone I can speak to over the phone about this issue? I need to get it resolved ASAP (it's my company Website). Please let me know if there's a support number I can call or something. Thanks, -Jayson

jaysondemersgmailcom

Weird, weird stuff. I am now able to make changes and save them successfully (I don't get the 404 error anymore). I didn't change a thing, so I have no idea what caused that aspect to be fixed. EDIT - After thinking about it, I think I did clear my cache in between tries, so the 404 error may have been caused by a caching issue. However, as I ponder it further, I remember ruling that out by trying it in a different browser and having the same issue. So maybe not. However, I am still unable to upgrade to the latest version of iBlogPro without it screwing up my Website. Are there any known issues that might cause it to behave this way?

Simon

Not sure without more info. Perhaps you could make a `phpinfo()` page and give us the link we may be able to help more. Just create a blank file named info.php and put the following into it: `<?php phpinfo(); ?>`