How can i create an archive page for my blog?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, i searched forum for this topic but i couldn't find the answer.

i just bought new framework and install iblogpro 5 template.

When i look into my old archive page, it was empty. So i deleted that page.

i want to create a new archive page but when i select pages / new page section, there is no archive page template option for my new page...

there is only default page, template 1,2,3,4 and 5. How can i add an archive page? Thank you...

PageLines doesn't provide a template where you can display an archive of all your posts, the Special template Archive is related to your Archive pages such as December 2013, etc...

If you wish to create a archive page for all your posts, I recommend using a plugin such as

Thank you very much. i installed that plugin. But i still don't understand why there is an archive page option in drag&drop section?

There is no archive template, as its easy to create a page using a plugin. We provide drag and drop templates, why can display anything you like with the sections included with the PageLines Framework and ones from the store.

The same goes for a contact page, these templates are usually very basic and most of the time do not meet the users requirements, that is why we point users to plugins that offer better control and functionality.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Page Content Disappeared when Logged In
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      I am having a unique problem in which our website is appearing correctly when I am logged out of DMS but when I am logged in and view the front of the site the main content area disappears. The page content still exists in the WP editor in the backend but from the front everything disappears. This happens on almost all the main pages but not on every single one which made me think it was a template problem but this is happening across several templates, not just a single one. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
      I am attaching screenshots of the same page when I am logged out versus when I am logged in. Thanks so much in advance for the help!

• How to duplicate page
      By zetanet+
      I would like to use 10 iboxes (always the same 10 iboxes) as left menu on 12 pages. In this way, all pages have the same left menu and they changes only for the page main content.
      I don't want to set all 10 iboxes in all 12 pages (cause i should repeat 12 times the same values).
      Is it possible to duplicate a page with all the boxes already set eleven times in order to keep iboxes images/links and change only the page main content?
    • Multiple Archive Templates?
      By jennajonesdesign
      Is it possible to have multiple archive templates? Sometimes I don't like to have all of my posts grouped together. On the current site I am working on we have a "Job Openings" section completely separate from a "News and Events" section. All I am trying to do is add a different header to each section, but even when I save as separate templates they keep over-riding each other. I am unlocking first. 
      Is this just error on my part, or is it not currently an option to have multiple archive templates?
      Let me know! Thanks!
    • How would I build this?
      By abuzzelli+
      How would I build a page like this so the content would be editable in wordpress?
      The page scrolls down and there are many sections. I'm not sure how to set up a pagelines template that can be used on many pages that would also be editable in either wordpress pages, posts or widgets. Any suggestions?
    • PowerLoop Confusion
      By dario+
      I'm wondering what PowerLoop is meant to display. Is it supposed to work like a configurable WP Content/Loop section?
      Here's what I'm doing:
      I've created a CPT and can display its posts either singly or grouped in an archive set of pages. This works as expected.
      Using the WP Content/Loop section, on an archive page, I can display a specific number of the CPT posts (as controlled by the Setting > Reading > Blog pages show at most . . .).
      That CPT has 20 posts.
      Adding a Post/Page Pagination section then allows me to click through to the next page(s) of archived posts.
      And so on.
      Again, this works as expected.
      However, when I try to do this with the PowerLoop section, all is not well.
      Pagination, via the Post/Page Pagination section, seems broken.
      The displayed number of posts is controlled by the Total Posts Loaded setting in the PowerLoop editor. The default is 5, so I leave it at that.
      When I click the Post/Page Pagination Previous Entries button, the URL goes to proper archive (page/2/) and the title shows Archive page 2 of 3. But the posts displayed are the exact same ones that show on page 1. Page 2 of 3 also shows me the Next Entries button which, when clicked, brings me back to page 1 (with the same 5 posts I see on all PowerLoop archive pages).
      If I change the Total Posts Loaded to 20, I get the 20 posts to show, all on one page.

So, how does one control the number of posts displayed AND have the ability to see actual archives?
      FWIW, this also happens on normal blog posts.
      This is local dev so I cannot provide access.