lutz

Secondary Navi Does Not Appear On All Pages

lutz    1
lutz

Hi!

I just realized that my secondary navigation does appear on the home page only.

This navi contain the categories and I allocated it in the "Morefoot" section (in "Drag & Drop"), but it's the same when I allocate it in the "Footer" section.

I checked the "Page Setup" in "Page Options" for all pages (Blog, Archive, Category, Search, Tags, Author Posts, 404) : nowhere is the checkbox "Hide Secondary Navi" active.

That's amazing because the carousel, which is allocated in the "Morefoot" section as well, does show up on all pages!

In case you would like to see it, here it appears (just on top of the carousel): http://mobiwatch.de/

and here it doesn't, the carousel only: http://mobiwatch.de/zubehor/

What the hell is this?

Does anybody has an ideal why this happens???

Thanks in advance!

catrina    103
catrina

Is there a secondary nav menu selected under Page Options > Archive > Page Setup? (At the bottom where it says "Select Secondary Nav Menu")

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

lutz    1
lutz

Dear Catrina,

no, it wasn't selected. 

But now that I selected it, nothing changed ;))

There's still no secnondary nav bar on all other pages than the home page ...

Danny    1,327
Danny

The Secondary Navigation is not a global menu like NavBar, Nav Classic or Fixed Nav, it is a menu for a per page/post basis and is to be used for child pages or a custom menu you created.

Therefore, the Secondary Navigation not appearing on all pages, is how the section was designed and is working as intended.

Please search our forums, before posting!

lutz    1
lutz

Dear Danny,

thanks, I see ...

Is there another method to fix the second nav on all pages somewhere at the bottom?

mackenzie    12
mackenzie

I would recommend looking through the forum to see how others might have done the same thing as you may need to use custom CSS to accomplish this.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

lutz    1
lutz

@mackenzie,  

I did so before I opened this thread. But as I couldn't find anything concerning second nav bar and it's appearance on all pages, I tried this way to get this info ;))

catrina    103
catrina

I'm not sure if this will make a difference, but have you tried deactivating all active non-PL plugins to see if the secondary nav shows up on pages where it's absent?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

lutz    1
lutz

Dear Catrina,

no, that dind't make any difference.

But I had the idea to use a plugin and I found a simple widget which is displaying the categories in the sidebar.

Not exactly what I wanted to have, but better than nothing ...  ;))

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

To clarify, as Danny correctly points out, the Secondary Nav section is intended to be used on a page or post basis, not globally, as a Morefoot is.  There's no global setting for it, so using it in the Morefoot is simply a bad practice unless you can change it on a page level basis.  Since there are special pages which don't have an edit option, you have to select page templates for these, provided one exists. You could, therefor, only select a Secondary Nav menu for the Blog section, or Category pages.  You will still fail to see it on every page or post.

There are alternative ways of creating a menu that may be applied in the morefoot.  One is the universal sidebar, to which you may place a text widget and align a series of links in a row.

Another way, if you want the menu stacked vertically, is to add a Custom Menu widget to one of the Morefoot column sidebars.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur