Sign in to follow this  
jamiewalden

Banner Image Width

jamiewalden

Hey guys,

I just upgraded from Platform Pro for our company to Pagelines. On some of our product pages it had an image that was about 70% of the content pad, but the text still overlapped (underlapped acutally) the text block. This allowed me to put a header-like bit in the same image as the product image. You'll see what I mean from the screenshot. The new pagelines framework seems to resize the image. Is there any way I can make the "product features" image work? It's pretty integral to our site. Thank you for your help and expertise, it is much appreciated.  :)

You can see the difference at http://www.americand...l-benchmarking/ and /http://stage.america...-benchmarking/

post-17731-0-52196400-1359695748_thumb.p

Rob

Hi,

I'm presuming that there's a CSS element that may have been previously modified in PlatformPro that is conflicting with a similar element in PageLines Framework.

When you have Framework live, use Firebug or Chrome's Inspection Tool to inspect the various elements of the image and see if there's any commonalities, disparities or conflicts.  Test sizes and see if you can adjust the Framework images back to the desired size.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jamiewalden

This is the only code i have associated with banner media:

.banner_container .banner-area{
  padding-bottom: 0;
  padding-top: 0;
  border-bottom: 1px solid #e1e1e1;
}

#banners .content-pad {
padding: 0 0 0 0;
}

#highlight .content-pad {
height: 100px;
}

.banner-media img {
vertical-align: bottom;
}

#banners .banner-content { 
font-size: 1.1em;
line-height: 1.5em;
}

#banners .banner-title {
  font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif !important;
font-size: 24px !important;
font-style: italic;
}

jamiewalden

BTW I'm not a sweet coder like you guys. Just self taught and always learning... :)

Rob

Keeping in mind that quite a few CSS selectors changed from PlatformPro to PageLines Framework, it may not be that you have something, but that you don't. So you need to compare what each selector did to what each is currently doing. It should be a relatively easy process. Even with minimal CSS skills.

jamiewalden

When i uploaded in PPro, it accepted a size larger than the % dictated by the banner %, as if it was a background image. So i'm confused how to fix :|

Danny

Hi,

In my opinion this isn't an issue as the Banners section wasn't intended to be used like this. Each column is 50%, so your banners image is being reduced as its to large for the container but you shouldn't be using an image to align a header in my opinion.

I think the best course of action would be for you to replace the Banners section and use the PageLines Grid, this way you have more control and can add a header without any issues.

http://support.pagelines.me/docs/miscellaneous/grid-system/

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob

I'll concur with Danny, as his suggestion is really a much easier solution.