ccowell

Navbar broken in IE9 (Pagelines 2.4)

ccowell    0
ccowell

Great work with Pagelines 2.4. I have a small issue with the navbar showing up incorrectly in IE9. You can view the issue at http://relijon.com/sample/template1/

I am using the navbar with a custom menu and style with a transparent background. I had the same issue in earlier version and expected an upgrade to PL2.4 to fix the issue. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Simon_P (see edit history)

catrina    103
catrina

What is the issue with the navbar? (I don't have IE so I can't see the issue on my machine)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ccowell    0
ccowell

Hi Catrina,

In IE9, I have a blue going across and all the menus are no longer available it just shows the Template1 link.

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

Did you change to a child theme?

If so, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and do the following:

1.  Make sure your proper menu is still present.

2.  Make sure that in Theme Locations the menu your proper menu is selected and saved.

3.  Visit the site to see if the menu is now visible.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ccowell    0
ccowell

I am using the Transparency child theme and everything works fine in FF, Chrome but not IE9. I double checked the menu setting and confirmed that the proper menu is set. What should I do next? It seems to be a CSS issue but I have not pinpointed the issue.

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

As the Transparency Theme is a 3rd party child theme in our Store, I'm going to move this to that product's support by its developer.  I don't see any menu on that page. However,  I do see an issue that should be addressed.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ccowell    0
ccowell

Thanks for contacting the Transparency developer. How will I be updated on this issue?

ccowell    0
ccowell

I did a clean install and I still see the blue navbar and missing page links (e.x Sample Page). It's the exact same behavior as the screenshot shown above.

cmunns    16
cmunns

Hey so there is a filter for IE in the default styles of PageLines, I'll remove and update the theme to fix this issue.

ccowell    0
ccowell

Hey I was able to fix the issue. It appears that IE was running in compatibility mode. Once I disabled that mode. The menu showed up OK. But why would it trigger compatibility mode in IE8 and IE9? Not sure about that at this point.