Sign in to follow this  
asi-mike

WHPro Sidebar Content

asi-mike

I have purchased the WHpro theme recently, and am having problems with sidebar content. As it stands, if I use a sidebar on a page that sidebar's content will be the same on every page I use the sidebar on. I am looking for a way to do the following: 1 - I would like the sidebar to contain links to white papers or downloads relevant to what I am presenting on that page. Different sub pages would show different downloads, etc. 2 - I would like to do the same thing with images & logos on the sidebar 3 - Same with links. Otherwise the theme is working well for me - just need to be able to content on the sidebars dynamically. Thanks!

Andrew
1 - I would like the sidebar to contain links to white papers or downloads relevant to what I am presenting on that page. Different sub pages would show different downloads, etc. 2 - I would like to do the same thing with images & logos on the sidebar 3 - Same with links.
Have you tried the Widget Logic plugin? I haven't used it, but I've heard it's good for solving this problem...

asi-mike

Yes I did install the widget logic plugin, but when I edit any of the pages the plugin options are not on the page.

Andrew

That's interesting, so it doesn't work for you?

unitedskeeball

I am using widget logic for this purpose but its a weak work around if you have a good amount of pages. If you had this feature built into the theme (to have a different widget ready sidebar) on each page (if wanted) that would be AMAZING.

rbojanssen

@asi-mike Widget Logic requires you to enter the values WITHIN the widgets itself. Have a look at your widgets that are put in the sidebar. I use it on my site and it works perfect. Mind this, as unitedskeeball states, for a large amount of pages this wouldn't be the best solution.

Andrew

So I don't fully understand. You guys would like to have the ability to set up your own 'nth' number of sidebars and optionally use them on pages?

jasonp

I think in theory, the magic bullet here is complete customization of the widget/sidebar content within the Edit Page function itself. I'm trying out the widget logic function and I'm confident it will be enough for my needs -- but this is a cool thought here.