jinfinite8

Best way to set up a form include to use throughout PageLines install

jinfinite8+    0
jinfinite8

Hi, 

I'm using PageLines 2.4 to develop a site located presently at: http://s4977.sites.pressdns.com/ 

I'm working with my developer to integrate a web form that uses a php include and jQuery validate. 

What I'm trying to do:

- I want to be able to use the form throughout the site on different pages, on a sidebar, landing pages, and occasionally on a blog post.

- I want to use a template bases approach vs. manually adding the custom form code each time

- Since the form uses php (and other code) it can't be simply cut/pasted in an html area and work

I've tested adding the form to the home page of the site above using a PageLines content section. That gets the job done but it seems like it could be setup with a template or include to be added quickly elsewhere. Perhaps a custom PageLines section?

My last point is the crux of my question. What's the best way to integrate this form with PageLines? My developer is familiar with WordPress but not PageLines.

I would appreciate any ideas or feedback. Thanks very much.

~ julian

form.php

Simon    247
Simon

Why not use one of the hundreds of form plugins available in the wordpress plugins repo? You could simply have a shortcode then to insert your form anywhere you like.

jinfinite8+    0
jinfinite8

Hi, I'm not using a plugin because my form is complex.  I tried using GravityForms with an add on plugin for Infusionsoft but the Infusionsoft plugin doesn't work and support nearly non-existent. I need a 100% reliable solution. 

Simon    247
Simon

Well in that case, i suggest creating a shortcode using your function... then you can insert it anywhere.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• cas45
      By cas45+
      I am running a site based on PageLines Framework 2.5.0. I am making some changes to a current website and managed to find a script that will do what I want.:

$(".vend-cat").each( function() {
          if ( $(this).find(".no-vendors").html() == '' ) {
                 $(this).hide();
          }
      } );

I have tested it on jsfiddle and it works fine. It does however need to be adapted to work with jQuery for pagelines and wordpress. Any help or advice?

Thanks
    • unifeyed
      By unifeyed+
      Hello there. 
      I am trying to have all the ® symbols throughout my website superscript without having to individually go to each symbol and wrap them in <sup> tags. There is quite a bit of them. I have the following code within the Custom Scripts, but it seems to cause issues with the Hamburger navigation, as it does not seem to work. Can you offer up some assistance? 

<script>
      jQuery(document).ready(function() {
                 jQuery("body").html(
          jQuery("body").html().replace(/®/gi, '<sup>®</sup>').replace(/®/gi, '<sup>®</sup>')
         );
              });
      </script>
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      I've created a box widget with 4 items, and a part of the html in each of the item is a button, that shows and hides text. 
       Aside the text I want to have a form (Fast secure form) to appear once the field is shown, but it displays the form code only as plain text. Do you know how to fix that? (display a form there)
      Page: https://www1.test.queue-it.com/product
      Adding the code here gave an error, so I attached the code in an image. 

code pricing.docx
    • casseysdesigns
      By casseysdesigns+
      In the past I would use nextbox for this task. However, Platform 5 does not have nextbox. I will do my best to describe what I am trying to do.
      I am creating a template for coaches, each product has its own link but they all share a common coach id. I want to set up the templates with the links for each product with a variable for the coach id so that I can change the coach id for all the links on the site by just changing the value of the variable $coachId. To do this I'll need to do something like the following...
      <a href="salesite.com/productcodes/referringRepId=<?= $coachId ?>" target="_blank">Product Purchase Link</a> Is it possible to do this with Platform 5?
    • ketri
      By ketri
      Hi!

I'm using a jQuery-plugin called Taeggie (http://taeggie.com/)

It seems that it requires jQuery version that's later than what comes with WordPress (ver=1.11.3). 
      If I just copy-paste a new jQuery to the section where I use the plugin, it works. But it's probably a very bad idea to load jQuery two times. 

Can I override the old version of jQuery in functions.php and use a new version like 1.9?  
      Does it have issues with Pagelines or WordPress in general? Why is the version of jQuery that's used with WordPress so old?

Thank you!