Sign in to follow this  
kitsapcd

Eco shows site, EcoPro yields white pages

kitsapcd

Eco (free) works fine. EcoPro produces only white pages, and the wp-admin Dashboard is also blank, nothing displayed. I've disabled all plugins and tried again, no luck. I had to rename the EcoPro folder to something else to force WP to go back to the default theme so I would have the Dashboard available again. Suggestions?

bryan-hadaway

Can we get a link? What version of EcoPro and WordPress? How are you attempting to install the new theme? Thanks, Bryan

kitsapcd

Link to a blank site isn't going to be helpful. Eco (not Pro) is running on it at http://kitsapcd.scc.wa.gov/ This is WP 3.0, and theme installation was manual: upload the ZIP file to the /themes folder, unzip, recursively change ownership, check permissions, and then enable in the Dashboard = no pages visible. View source is also empty. We did disable plugins and tried reinstalling several times.

cmunns

If you are using FTP to upload it, you do not want to upload the zip file...conversely if you're using WP to upload it you ONLY want to upload the initial zip file.

kitsapcd

Well, I've done dozens of themes that way: upload the ZIP via SCP, unzip it, fix ownership and perms, and it works. I'll try a couple of other methods this weekend.

cmunns

Okay well let us know how it goes, and if you run into any other problems.

kitsapcd

I downloaded the latest EcoPro and then uploaded the zip file via Appearance --> Install a Theme. Activated the theme and got exactly the same result: admin side is white, and view source shows no content; public side is white pages, and view source shows no content whatsoever. Advice will be appreciated!

bryan-hadaway

Can you check your /themes/ folder and make sure to either delete out or rename any theme folders with part of there name being EcoPro so there is no conflict and please disable all plugins, upgrade to the latest WordPress and then try installing theme again through Appearance > Themes. Thanks, Bryan