Sign in to follow this  
edcramer

Quickslider doesn't show properly in IE 7 and IE 8

edcramer    0
edcramer

Hi,

I 've made a home page www.lean2succes.nl with a quickslider and boxes. The quickslider doesn't show properly in IE7 and IE8: the images do not show, you only get an empty frame with a red cross in the top left corner.

Is it possible to fix this?

A message to IE 7 and IE8 users that they do not see the site properly would be a could alternative to a real fix.

I hope anyone can help me with this.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Ed Cramer

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

PageLines doesn't support Internet Explorer 7, due to the browser not supporting HTML5 or CSS3, which PageLines uses.

Regarding Internet Explorer 8, can you please update to the latest version of PageLines Lite which is version 1.3.5, as you're currently using 1.3.2, this may resolve your issue.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, can you reply with screenshots please, most of our team are Mac users and do not have access to Internet Explorer.

Please search our forums, before posting!

edcramer    0
edcramer

Hi,

I've updated and still get the problem

How can I attach an image in a message? I get an error saying: "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community".

Regards,

Ed

Danny    1,327
Danny

To attach an image, your a server such as imgur or similar and upload the image, then in your reply here, add the shortlink.

edcramer    0
edcramer

3 jpg files, 1 of 1042x345 pixels and 2 of 1042x346 pixels

Danny    1,327
Danny

From what I can see from your image, it would appear that the issue you're having on IE8 is that the image is not loading. The reason for this may be that your Wordpress has been installed here:

http://www.lean2succes.nl/cms/

and not in root directory.

To attempt to resolve this, go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Settings > Media and change the following settings "Store uploads in this folder" Default is wp-content/uploads "Full URL path to files" Configuring this is optional. By default, it should be blank.

This should resolve your issue, but this is not a PageLines issue as far as I can see but a Wordpress issue.

edcramer    0
edcramer

sorry, I do not understand what you want me to do. The 2 settings are empty, what do you want me to put there?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Can you update to the latest version of Wordpress please, you're currently using 3.4.2, the latest version is 3.5. Wordpress 3.5 actually removes these media options, so updating could resolve your issue, which I believe is a media library url issue.

Please update and see if this resolves the issue, remember to perform a backup of your site before updating, this is just a precaution.

edcramer    0
edcramer

I've updated to WP 3.5.1 and unfortunately I still have the problem with the images. What else can I try?

Danny    1,327
Danny

VIew your site in IE8 and right click on one of your QuickSlider images and find the URL for that image, then paste the URL in your reply please.

Danny    1,327
Danny

I have just done a quick search and found that Ie8 drops support for CMYK JPEG. Did you save these images as CMYK JPEG ?

If you're not sure, try opening one of the images in photoshop, gimp or something similar and save them as rgb and see if this resolves your issue.

I apologise this is taking so much time to resolve but I haven't encountered this issue before.

• Like 1

Danny    1,327
Danny

Awesome and no problem, happy to hear the issue has been resolved.

• Like 1