smv_usdam

Sidebar sections + widgets + qtranslate

smv_usdam    1
smv_usdam

Hi,

using pro version 2.4 and qtranslate with 3 languages (german, french and english). Language switching works normally with posts and pages.

When I'm using the Universal Sidebar section, widgets are displayed normally in all languages.

When using Primary Sidebar, Secondary Sidebar, Tertiary Sidebar, Content Sidebar sections, widgets are only displayed in German and English settings, in French setting I only get the default widgets in Primary Sidebar, otherwise nothing. This applies as well to standard widgets like archive, calendar etc. on single instances without widget logic as to language specific widgets using widget logic (i.e. function_exists('qtrans_getLanguage') && qtrans_getLanguage()=="fr" will not show widget, while function_exists('qtrans_getLanguage') && qtrans_getLanguage()=="en" is working normally).

It seems to me that this problem didn't exist before pagelines 2.4.

If I create a custom section following the custom sidebars guide in the wiki http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Add_Custom_Sidebars and create the new folder in /plugins/pagelines-sections/  and use the code provided in the wiki for sections.php:

class MyCustomSidebar extends PageLinesSection {
/** PHP that always loads no matter if section is added or not. */

function section_persistent() {

$setup = pagelines_standard_sidebar($this->name, $this->settings['description']);

pagelines_register_sidebar($setup, 100);

}

/** Section template. */

function section_template() {

pagelines_draw_sidebar($this->id, $this->name, '');

}

}

the new custom sidebar section works perfectly.

However, I noticed that the part "pagelines_register_sidebar" etc. is not present in the current core pagelines sidebar section.php files which might be a reason for the above mentioned problem wioth most sidebar sections, but doesn't explain why the Universal Sidebar section works normally.

Any ideas?

greenfly    230
greenfly

Could you please provide us with a link to your site? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

catrina    103
catrina

Can you please try deactivating all active non-PageLines plugins to see if the problem persists?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Simon    247
Simon

Can you not use widget logic? and then detect the language?

smv_usdam    1
smv_usdam

I have tried with deactivating plugins and yes, of course, I'm using widget logic as well, but even if I use widget logic and a widget is supposed to only be displayed in french, it's not displayed.

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

According to our developers, we did not change anything about registering sidebars in 2.4.  Could you be looking in the wrong place?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur