Sign in to follow this  
selectams

Lightbox Plugin compatibility with PlatformPro

selectams    2
selectams

Hi, 

I think I am having a unique issue with PlatformPro or the plugin that I am using on wordpress. Following are the details;

I am using WP Video Lightbox plugin on PlatformPro which is installed on Wordpress (version WordPress 3.5.1). The plugin installs appropriately and  I am using the following shortcode on one of the test pages 

[video_lightbox_youtube video_id=du6fHULfgqc width=640 height=480 anchor="My Video"] and I get an error =  Error! You must specify a value for the Video ID, Width, Height and Anchor parameters to use this shortcode!

The same plugin (WP Video Lightbox) works perfectly fine with one of my other websites which is on the same version of Wordpress with iBlogPro theme - No errors and the plugin works just as it should. 

In effect, same plugin, same version of wordpress - the plugin works fine with iblogpro and not with Platformpro. 

It would be great if somebody can advice on the resolution or point me in the right direction. 

Many Thanks

Prasanna

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Just installed the plugin and added the shortcode you provided above and the lightbox works without any issue. Therefore, you most likely have either custom code or another plugin causing your issue.

Try disabling all other plugins and see if this resolves your issue, if that doesn't work, disable all your custom code.

http://screencast.com/t/fK3jnn4dOF

Please search our forums, before posting!

selectams    2
selectams

Hi, 

Many Thanks for the advice. I have disabled all the other plugins and checked the custom code (there is no custom code). Still no luck. 

Any other option that you would like me to try. 

Many Thanks, 

Prasanna

Danny    1,327
Danny

If you have disabled all plugins, you have no custom code and the lightbox is still not functioning correctly, then the only other thing I think of that would cause an issue is that you added the shortcode with the visual editor active, select the text tab instead.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, then you will need to contact the author of the plugin, to investigate your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• FRevi
      By FRevi+
      Looks like Platform 5 is not compatible with Ubermenu 3.2.3 (latest). I realize you can't accommodate every plugin, but this one is worth taking a look at and if possible making P5 compatible with it. Ubermenu made a special section for DMS2. I've asked them to make one for P5. My sites rely on both, and it's all about me, isn't it. ;-)
    • brianocar
      By brianocar
      Hello,

I'm using the latest versions of Pagelines and bbPress. I've set up my bbPress forums but the resulting forums page doesn't look right at all.

I've read about a plugin that makes PageLines work with bbPress but I can't find it, the most recent post being here. I emailed the helpdesk as advised but they directed me back here to the forums.

Is there a working plugin that makes bbPress work in Pagelines? Alternatively, is there another forum plugin that will work with Pagelines? (preferably free and simple to use!)

My forum does not really need to be integrated (visually) into the rest of my site - it can appear like a separate site without the Pagelines theme, menu, etc..

Thanks,
      Brian
    • treadwellimages
      By treadwellimages
      Having issues with DMS and NextGen PRO. The plugin works partially, when I try to insert a gallery into a post I have no options for gallery layouts etc. This has been an issues for months now and since NextGEN Gallery was so robust and popular I though you would have come up with a fix by now. How can this issue be resolved. I have paid for both products (DMS and NextGEN Pro) because they give me the functionality that I want, need, and expect when paying for something. I am not interested in losing functionality with either product I pay for. How can these issues be resolved.

Thank you,
      Darryl
    • rztoler
      By rztoler
      Although I love the DMS, after a few weeks of development I've ran into some real limitations. The platform needs so many more extensions to add depth. (e.g. testimonials, lightbox, portfolio(s), captcha, form builder, etc., etc.) I've found several plugins that seem to work from 3rd parties to supplement these large gaps, but once I start installing quality premium plugins the DMS just breaks. The time it is taking me to extend the DMS's functionality through trial and error efforts on various plugins is just too long, unpredictable and frustrating.

For example, the premium UberMenu has a free special "shell" extension that allows it to be compatible with the DMS from what I understand. I'm trying to use FormCraft to build more depth in my forms, but it seems like it's fighting the framework's CSS or something. I also wanted to use Go Responsive Portfolio to display some of my work, but that breaks the framework too. PageLines really should build a "shell" that allows 3rd party plugins to work correctly, locking their code up from installed plugin code so compatibility is clean and consistent. DMS should be a level above these plugins in the sense of implementation. Only the dinky, half-assed plugins work. As soon as a professional plugin is installed it tanks the framework. If I were a true developer this wouldn't matter, but seeing as though this is a Design Management System, I would assume this compatibility would be at the top of the list. 

Aside from PageLines stepping up their game in the extensions area, they should start a page that lists compatible 3rd party plugins so designers don't have to spend all of their valuable time trying to troubleshoot and play musical plugins to find working options.

For instance... I know these plugins work...
      awesome-filterable-portfolio.1.7.4
      contact-form-7.3.4.2
      mappress-google-maps-for-wordpress.2.40.7
      testimonials-widget.2.13.5
      promotion-slider.3.3.4

I have many more, but this is the idea... And although these work technically, they are weak representations of what I'd ultimately like to have.  I'd really like to use the DMS long-term, but with no indication that the extensions will expand or improve, I question longevity of it's use and relevance regarding larger applications.

So... does anyone have such a list started I can help with or refer to? Does anyone know how to work around these compatibility issues without waiting for PageLines or a 3rd party developer to create a solution? Is there something I don't know about or understand? Does the new 2.2 offer resolve?

I'm currently using DMS 1.0, WP 3.6.1, Chrome 30.0.1599.101
      Thanks for any recommendations and assistance.

Robert Toler
    • richardjacruz
      By richardjacruz+
      I have problems with a couple of my websites. At www.botanicchoice.com/blog I get the following error message:

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0)
      Timestamp: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 17:03:59 UTC

Message: Unable to get value of the property 'add': object is null or undefined
      Line: 1
      Char: 1352
      Code: 0
      URI: http://www.botanicchoice.com/blog/wp-content/themes/pagelines/js/script.blocks.js?ver=1.0.1

Which appears to be a javascript problem.

Also, at www.358scoutingonthego.org, the site looks completely screwy (I've tried to attach a screen shot here, but the file is too large). I don't get an error message here. I have tried disabling all plugins to no avail. Similar issues occur in other sites as well, but not all of the time. It's all very strange. So far, it all looks fine in IE10, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.

I have tried finding similar threads in the forum before posting so as not to cause a stir, but I have not found anything.