linkfr

FULLY pagelines compatible themes with bbpress and buddypress

linkfr    2
linkfr

Hi guys,

After realising it was simply impossible (?) to use Platform theme together with Buddypress, i've been looking around for a while and finding contradictory information.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/pagelines-platform-theme-is-not-compatible-with-buddypress?replies=1

Could someone please post what PageLines themes are really and fully compatible both with bbPress and Buddypress?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Platform Pro is now considered a legacy theme and is no longer compatible with bbPress or Buddypress. If you wish to have bbPress, BuddyPress compatibility  we recommend upgrading to PageLines Framework.

Please search our forums, before posting!

linkfr    2
linkfr

Hi Danny, thanks for your reply!

Just to make sure, are we talking about the same PageLines free theme available from WP admin ("by arpowers"): http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/pagelines?

Have the issues mentioned here have been solved?: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/11604-need-step-by-step-instructions-for-buddypress-and-platform-pro/ (post #13 by Rob).

I wouldn't like to change the theme and customize all the plugins (would be the third time) just to realise at the end that buddypress and buddypress courseware won't work on it.

Danny    1,327
Danny

The topic you link is regarding Platform Pro, Platform Pro and PageLines Framework are two separate products. bbPress and BuddyPress should work with PageLines Lite although, with the lite version having options/settings missing that are only available in the Pro version, some things may not be possible.

I haven't actually ever checked bbPress/BuddyPress on PageLines Lite.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      Is there a shortcode or a way to automatically pull the site name into the footer or elsewhere?
    • MobileParity
      By MobileParity+
      Does anyone know what features have been included in the Foundation theme? Such as building blocks or the Motion UI?
    • Houston Haynes
      By Houston Haynes+
      Hey folks - I'm trying to get right of some 'dead space' at the bottom of the page in the Material Theme. (see attached) Those two gray lines have an "Edit" button in between them when the browser has a login cookie for the site. Here I created a screenshot from a browser session that doesn't have context for my main login, so you can see that the "Edit" indicator is gone, but the bars and the space it occupies still remains. Can someone help me isolate this so I can make it *completely* disappear? Thanks.

• DanatTLFN
      By DanatTLFN
      Site URL: http://thelocalfilmnetwork.com
      Host: GoDaddy
      Hi Pagelines team and community,

I am going to be attempting to do a full migration from GoDaddy to WPEngine. 
      I need to know, will I lose the front-end customisations I have made?
      Also are there any backups or things I need to do to ensure that I do not lose any important info relating to the site?
      Kind regards,
      Dan

• Bleuy
      By Bleuy+
      Hi All
      I have just migrated my theme from a perfectly functioning local version to my server and it looks corrupted.  I have followed the standard migration (Replace WP Content, Upload Database, Search & Replace URLs)
      Things I have tried to rectify the problem:-
      Changed Permalinks, deleted .htaccess file Deactivated Plugins Removed all custom CSS But It all still seems to have the same problem the url for the website is as follows: www.blueanchor-reigate.co.uk