evert100

Popups with images and audio

evert100    1
evert100

Hi,

Who knows a good solution of creating a textlink and by clicking it opening a popup-window with images and audio?

catrina    103
catrina

Are you referring to images and audio at the same time or a solution for either of the two?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

evert100    1
evert100

Catrina,

At least an image, but i know solutions with lightboxes.

The thing iwould like to know is both at the same time. The idea is to have some animated figure and a voice on the background speaking something. So a gif or jpg in combination with an mp3 file. Clear?

Thanks,

Evert

catrina    103
catrina

I'm not sure of any solutions for images and audio, but there is a lightbox solution for video. Perhaps if the images were added like slides that would transition in a video and the audio could be added to the background to match the changes in the animation. If you want to keep searching for an images + audio solution, you may want to try searching the WP plugin directory: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

evert100    1
evert100

Jenny,

Your suggestion gives no solution. If you look better in tooltips and popovers you would have known that tooltips en popovers only contain text. That's why i asked this question. I already tried everything there.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Rob    547
Rob

Hi Evert,

Unfortunately because everyone's needs and specifications for plugins are so varied, we try not to make them, and allow you to find the ones best suited to your own needs.  I can point you to www.codecanyon.net or www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins to find the plugin you feel best meets your requirements.

Those are the very best suggestions we can possibly make except to hire one of our Pros to develop a custom solution.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Samuel Costa - UDF
      By Samuel Costa - UDF+
      Hi.
      I need a shortcode activate a popup windows with contact form. It is possible without code?
      Link: https://www.udf.org.br/lancamentos/curso-mulher-que-prospera/
      Button: FAÇA SUA INSCRIÇÃO.
      Tks
    • JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      When you click an image on grandstand it opens the image at the top with a small close icon. The image does not fit as well as I had hoped. I think it will require quite a bit of CSS to make it look as I wanted. Therefore, I think the easier approach for me is to disable it from do this. Is there a way to disable this when clicking on an image in grandstand so that nothing happens?
      Kind regards,
      James
    • pauloso
      By pauloso
      Dear Chris,

I have a page with multiple pop-ups.
      When user clicks on the link it was supposed to open the pop-up.

But when we click it opens up the pop-up and immediately closes it.
      I tested it on many browsers and all had the same strange behavior.

You can see it on page: http://qualitaexpress.com.br/etapas-de-uma-importacao/
      Click on any of the links under the main big icons.

Or click on any of the buttons on page: http://qualitaexpress.com.br/servicosparaimportacao/

I have WordPress 4.0.1 running iBlogPro theme.
      Any idea on how to fix it?
      Thanks
    • hottheo
      By hottheo
      Ahoy Humans

I can't properly convey how much i hate google chrome. unfortunately all of us DMS users have to utilize GC as a browser to edit our pages. I have enabled "pop-up blocker" and in doing so i had to sign away my web privacy (proper google style). but now when i have my pop up blocker enabled i cannot see my site (backend, font end etc) so i am forced to pause my pop up blocker to edit my site which, in turn, makes me close adds and spam-page-redirects EVERY SINGLE TIME i click on ANYTHING. I was under the impression that DMS 2 was a "revolutionary" new way to edit and change your website on the fly...unfortunately being cornered into using Google Chrome turns 'Revolutionary" into "Annoying and time consuming." I should be spending my day off editing my site but instead i am composing this forum article to articulate my frustrations. Square Space is looking better and better every day. 

Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions. 

FYI- all of my files/plugins/ themes etc are up to date. 

Thank you. 

- HT 
    • fiscalcliff
      By fiscalcliff+
      The Cool Carousel appears to work correctly in all browsers except (you guessed it) Internet Explorer.

The carousel is loaded with YouTube videos, but the videos lay on top of the carousel's forward and back buttons---in IE only, looks great in Chrome and Firefox.

Additionally, I'm also using Poppy to generate a pop-up contact form and the carousel lays on top of the pop-up as well.

Is there a way to overcome the apparent z-index problem in Internet Explorer?

Here is a demo site:  http://demo010.hotforwebs.com/