lutz

"Static" Layout Mode causes Trouble on Mobile Devices

lutz    1
lutz

Hi!

I just realized that I used the wrong site layout mode ("Responsive with Pixel Width"): This causes the page to "shrink" when the user views the page in a browser window that's smaller than the site size (1100 pixels). Means the columns of all three areas (main content area, primary siebar, secondary sidebar) are displays smaller tahn they should. That looks terible!

That's why I switched to "Sttic with Pixel With" mode - that's better ... but only on desktop browsers.

When you watch the site on a mobile device (smartphone), this "Static" mode causes not only a black background, but this backgroud lays partially over tho two sidebar areas! Please see the screenshot attached. The original site look you'll find here: mobiwatch.de

So my question is: is this a bug? Or how can I make Pagelines show a static page that looks good on mobile devices, too?

Thanks in advance!

post-37220-0-63128200-1359041996_thumb.p

lutz    1
lutz

Okay, made it! Just changed the black background colour to white.

Don't know what's the difference concerning the layout, but it works - that's all that counts ... ;))

Simon    247
Simon

Static width generally means static, ie fixed.

So unless your mobile has 1200px width screen it will look weird ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• bnapoli
      By bnapoli+
      On my site www.modishmel.com I'm seeing the "blog post title" within the "pins" plugin section breaking words into multiple lines. See screenshot attached.
      Only seeing it in Firefox. Can you help?

• kwaoru
      By kwaoru
      Hi,

I have been using DMS and pagelines.
      I am facing to a huge trouble with the appearance of one of my page on mobile (smart phones) built with pagelines.
      However I haven’t come to any solutions to organise either edit the appearance of mobile view to look neat or deactivate the responsive function. 
      Now it looks totally messy on the phone...

1. Is there any way to edit the appearance of the mobile version (responsive theme)?
      2. Is there any way to deactivate responsive function?

If I could receive support from you to go thorough this process I would be happy to be a pro member. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    • kwaoru
      By kwaoru
      Hi,
      After I installed platform 5, a Scroll Nav stopped working properly. It stopped following down as I scroll down the screen and it is very frustrating....
      I tried to add a new Scroll Nav, deactivated platform 5 or whatever I could think of to refresh to get the function back but nothing works out...
      Please please please help me wise folks out there!
      Thanks,
    • kwaoru
      By kwaoru
      Hi,
      After I installed platform 5, a Scroll Nav stopped working properly. It stopped following down as I scroll down the screen and it is very frustrating....
      I tried to add a new Scroll Nav, deactivated platform 5 or whatever I could think of to refresh to get the function back but nothing works out...
      Please please please help me wise folks out there!
      Thanks,
    • poseyg
      By poseyg+
      This just happened to a site I'm working on. When I decrease width of browser to check for responsiveness...the pagelines content section is not responding???