page2012

Number of excerpt in category page

page2012    0
page2012

Hi guys,

The number of excerpt that appear in a category page seems to be limited to 10 like in that case : http://www.criesthubert.be/wordpress/category/familles 

I have 12 articles in that category, so 2 are not showed... How can I do to make all of them appear as excerpt? Is it possible to increase the number of excerpt on the same page or to add a "Previous Entries" button like in the Blog page?

Thank you !

olivier

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hi PAge2012 

Have you tried increasing the number of blog posts in the settings menu of Wordpress (Wordpress > Settings > Reading) to 12?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

page2012    0
page2012

Hi Martin,

Yes, it works ! I was searching in the pagelines options...

Thank you !

Olivier

greenfly    230
greenfly

Thanks for letting us know. I have marked this topic as closed 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• JP
      By JP+
      Hello,
      We are working on a 2 languages site (https://liguecardioliga.be) with wpml, and lately the call of a category in the loops section (and all the sections requiring a category to select posts) doesn't work in the translated language. It worked well until recently so I wonder if it's because of a recent update (wordpress, wpml, pagelines, a plugin?). Anyone has the same problem? a solution?
      TIA
    • Timothy
      By Timothy+
      I'm trying to find a way to display the full content of my posts on my posts page rather than the post excerpt. 
      I've tried using various plugins to create a custom excerpt with no success, so I'm guessing I'll need to make the change to the theme files. That being said I'm not able to find where I would make that change. In the past I've been able to replace <?php the_excerpt(); ?> with <?php the_content(); ?>, but I'm unable to locate this in the framework theme? Am I missing something here?
    • Janardan
      By Janardan+
      How to remove/hide excerpt text from pinspro sidebar?
    • mzhafzah
      By mzhafzah
      Hello
      I am using DMS 2 theme and I want to create a 2 different links on my website; each link should take you to a different blog post category. Although the process is easy, yet I can not figure out how to give each category page a unique design of its own; Any change I make on any page is applied to the other (I'm aware of the universal elements like the header and footer and I a am not talking about these.)
      Since I am new to wordpress in general, I am not sure if my description is sufficient; apologies if it is not.
      TycoonJé
    • sruehle
      By sruehle+
      Hey there,
      I hope that this questions doesn´t come up every day:
      I´d like to set up a sub-page that contains my blog (http://www.finmeetstech.com/blog/). When I am adding posts to this page, they always show as excerpt with a read more button that links to an other page, at which the full post content can be viewed. However, I would like to either have the whole blog content on the first page (http://www.finmeetstech.com/blog/) or to change the functionality of the read more button, so that it is toggling the full content instead of loading a new page. 
      I already selected
        For each article in a feed, show Full text

but it didn´t work.
      I am using DMS with the voyant child theme. I hope that you can help me with this. Moreover, I should add that I am not really confident in editing any php files. 
      Thank you in advance.