Sign in to follow this  
bjs198

'pageless' request... why so long?

bjs198

Hey all,

I'm new to speeding up websites and have been attempting to compress our site for a few weeks now but something caught my eye today and I'm hoping someone might be able to explain what it is...

On the attachment note request 3 (?pageless=) . This a call to something I do not know about, although I assume it's related to the integral running of the site (and a quick google suggests jquery?)

Can someone please tell me what it's doing and why it takes so long? And how can I speed it up!!!!! I've manage to reduce the 'start render' time from 33 seconds to just under 10 seconds using a combination of w3CT and CloudFlare but this request is something I don't seem to be able to change...

Many thanks in advance

Barney

www.istianjin.org

post-40515-0-92422300-1359012401_thumb.j

Danny

Has this resolved your issue ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

bjs198

From that other post it looked like the OP needed to up the php mem to 256, which I have done on our server but there's been no change in loading times. The final post didn't seem to offer any advice on how to actually fix the issue, other than to make sure I have access to a folder the server...

Am I being dumb? :S

Danny

No, we need the PHP info please, follow the instructions on the link I gave above.

Danny

Have you changed something as your site is loading rather quick for me now ?

Also here are a few suggestions which may improve your speed:

First I would recommend if you're serious about performance, you either upgrade your package/plan with your web host provider or switch to our recommended hosts. As you appear to be currently on a shared hosting environment, which isn't known for its performance. If you add your URL into this site, you can see that you have over 150 websites on the same server as your site.

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/web-sites-on-web-server/

We recommend the following hosts:

https://www.zippykid.com/

http://wpengine.com/

Also, your server appears to be Windows, which isn't great either.

Another way to increase your speed is to disable any sections you're not using.

bjs198

I'll defo keep that all in mind! We're currently trialing cloudflare CDN hence the reverse lookup on the name is off, however the origin ip is indeed shared so point taken...

mackenzie

Has this resolved your issue ?

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

bjs198

Currently comparing server environments, you can close this ticket - if I need more advice I'll open a new one ;)

Cheers

Barney