Sign in to follow this  
jbekefy

Features went black after Wordpress 3.5 Update.

jbekefy

Hi,

Just updated WordPress to 3.5 after ignoring it out of fear for the last few weeks. As soon as I did, my feature images went grey. The scrolling still occurs, as well as the numerical button selection, just can't see the images.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Site is:

www.imz-ural.com

James B

Hi Jbekefy

The black background is the standard slider background, what the site is saying by showing that is it can't seem to find your images. I see you're using a cache plugin, if you dump the cache file and then deactivate. Then republish each of the slides to see if it resets the images.

If that doesn't work, deactivate all third party plugins and see if any of them are causing a conflict with the slider.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jbekefy

Ok thanks. You the feature images for the briefest moment then they go grey. I'll take your advice and report back, thanks for the prompt assistance.

James B

You're welcome :-) Please let us know how you get on

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jbekefy

All set. After deactivating all plug-ins, I discovered the culprit, an accordion plug-in that for whatever reason suddenly started causing problems. I purchased an accordion section tool by elSue and couldn't be happier.

Rob

Great news!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• ideascurator
      By ideascurator+
      Hello Pagelines,   I no longer use pagelines services. I have deactivated the automatic annual payment. But it already charged to my credit card. Since I cancelled my contract before the end, Can I request to refund?
    • Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      Hello,
      I am wanting to know what the status of the Pagelines Platform.
      I have noticed that there has been absolutely no updates on Platform 5 for over 8 months.
      Please tell me you haven't gone off on another tangent and going to build the next great solution
      and then leave all of us to have to completely rebuild our sites like we did for
      Pagelines, then DMS, then Pagelines Platform.
      I like what you build, but what you need to do is build one product and then make it better, rather than 
      abandoning it and building something else.
      You haven't done anything for so long that even WordPress is providing a warning.
      "Warning: This plugin has not been tested with your current version of WordPress."
      So what is the Status. I mean if I am going to pay a monthly fee for a product, I don't want to pay for one
      that is no longer being supported. You have a great product, I'm not bashing it, I'm just wondering what 
      your next move is because I have business decisions to make for myself, and whether of not this is something
      I should stick with.

Please be kind enough to respond.

Thank You,
      Anthony
    • stebac
      By stebac+
      Hello!

Since i recently updated to WordPress 4.9.4 there have been some unusual behaviours with Platform 5 (version 5.1.8).

I am unable to edit the colour pickers for the backgrounds (the boxes do not show up anymore) and when i activate a plugin from the extend menu it does not show up in my page editor tools.
      Is this a problem for everyone else?
      Thank you in advance for your time.
      Ste.
    • tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers