Sign in to follow this  
jordydme

Page order not working

jordydme

Hi, Just installed the eco theme. Page order does not work. I have five pages. I set the page number starting with 1 for the home page and ending at 5 for the last page. The page order I set is ignored. I deleted the cache and delted the pages and remade new ones with the correct numerical order but to no avail.Any ideas?

cmunns

How are you setting page order? There is no built-in theme functionality...are you using WP menus or a plug-in?

jordydme

As I said I just installed wordpress and your theme. No plugins, fresh install. In every other wp site i have, you just use a number in the order field when editing the page and then publish. What I am i doing wrong. Five pages ordered 1 through 5.

jordydme

ps how can i set this up so that the forum notifies me when there is a response. It's kind of annoying that I have to keep checking back. Thanks

cmunns

Hey J D There is a link in the sidebar "RSS feed for this topic" that will send you notifications. Also, you didn't answer my other question, are you using WP3.0 menus?

jordydme

You asked me, "are you using WP menus or a plug-in?" and I said that I am not using a plugin. I am using the latest version of WP 3.01, so I guess that means I am using "WP3.0 menus?" Not sure what else I can tell you, thougut I was pretty clear. I would really like to button this problem up before the weekend is here and you guys wont be here to help. What am I missing?

jordydme

I don't use an RSS reader as I am sure alot of people don't. Also I looked for it and didn't find it innitially. Might want to put the RSS icon there.

cmunns

Just because you have WP3.0.1 doesn't mean that your menus are set up using wp menus. Under APPEARANCE > MENUS is where you create and control menus otherwise it just chooses your top level pages by default. Since WP updated to the new menus the page order must not be working so I would suggest setting up a new menu with "menus" and use the drag and drop capability there Good tip on the forum RSS

veronica

Makes me think that this is a bug with the ECO theme, as I am having a similar problem with page orders being ignored...

jordydme

just did what you said. Created a WP menu and then added the pages to it and nothing changed. Pretty bummed with my experience on this theme thus far. Having problems already. Just told my customer how easy it is to maintain and I can't even do this.

jordydme

great! stuck for the weekend as I anticipated

cmunns

I just tested the page order. ( Using the default menu set-up, not WP3.0 menu ) and it worked perfectly the way that it used to be done. Do you have any plug-ins installed that could cause menu conflicts? Otherwise just make sure that if you use the default pages you can use page order, if you use 3.0 menus then you need to drag and drop the order and remember to assign the newly created menu to the correct location ("primary nav")

jordydme

Well for what ever reason it normal page order "the way it used to be" is not working the way it does on all my other sites so there is a bug. As I stated earlier, "No plugins, fresh install."

jordydme

Deleted the install and reinstalled without updating from 3.0 to 3.0.1. No plugins as I said and page order is being ignored in the old method and in wordpress 3.0 menus. Page order at the bottom footer area is displaying in correct order but not the main nav. can I pm you with login info so you can see your self? Pretty frustrating. This is something i have done hundreds of times on other sites.

bryan-hadaway

Hmm, maybe a screenshot of your: Appearance > Menus page On the left there is 3 dropdown options for what menu to use for a certain area, make sure the main menu dropdown has the menu you created selected. I know it's getting frustrating and I'm sorry, please try to bare with us. Please go ahead and update to the latest WordPress and theme versions. Thanks, Bryan

jordydme

Your instructions are not very clear as I did not see "drop downs" as you sugested on the menues page. That being said, I will reiterate what I said and what's been done. No pluggins and fresh install. 5 menu items ordered one though five. Also in wp menu page. I Named a menu "main nav", I then added the five pagea I created to that menu by checking the five boxes next to the name of each page. After I did that the menu widgets on the right appeared and moving the widget order does nothong. What am I missing here??