farmersmarketbaskets

how can i adjust text margins in a feature slide

farmersmarketbaskets    0
farmersmarketbaskets

Please excuse me for not being able to figure this out.  I have tried to find the information everywhere and I think I've watched every screen cast on the feature slider as well as read the docs and I can't find what I'm looking for.

I need to be able to adjust the margins and format the text on my feature. Right now, the title is almost in the middle of the feature, and my words run off the page if I have a static height.  When I change to aspect ration height, all my text will show up, but the margins are huge.  I need to be able to adjust this.  I'm sure there is a simple answer.  Thank you for your help.

post-45813-0-44809700-1358891219_thumb.j

post-45813-0-43498300-1358891236_thumb.j

Kristina

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

Do you have Firebug for Firefox (www.getfirebug.com)? That will help you identify the proper CSS elements.  The slider's elements are generally speaking, fully customizable and each has its own CSS element, so the key is finding the right one to achieve your desired result.

Chrome's Inspection Tool works as well.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

farmersmarketbaskets

I don't have those tools.  I was hoping not to have to customize the CSS. :-) I haven't ever done that before...I guess I have a learning curve ahead of me. I will get to work.  Thank you!

Kristina

James B    436
James B

Hi Kristina, if you've not used css inside the Framework before check out - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/ which will give you an overview of what to look for and edit.

An example of editing the margins for the text in the feature slider is below

#feature_slider .text-bottom .fcontent .ftext {
    padding: 3px 10px;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

farmersmarketbaskets

Thank you.  I'm looking into it.  It will take me some time to figure it out.  I appreciate your help.

Kristina

Rob    547
Rob

Kristina,

Chrome's Inspection Tool is built into the Chrome browser.  Firebug is free and integrates easily and seamlessly into Firefox browser.

It took me about 2 short afternoons to get a good understanding of it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur