Sign in to follow this  
cathymillercathycom

iBlogPro Wordpress upgrade

cathymillercathycom

I currently have iBlogPro3 3.55 and Wordpress 2.86. Wordpress has 3.01 upgrade available. Should I upgrade Wordpress first and will iBlogPro3 work okay with Wordpress 3.01? Then should I upgrade iBlogPro 3 to 4?

bryan-hadaway

I would upgrade WordPress first and then iBlogPro. It's always important to stay up-to-date for security/functionality patches, also for great new features. Let me know if you need any additional help or have more questions. Thanks, Bryan

cathymillercathycom

I'll give it a hot. Thanks.

cathymillercathycom

uh...make that "shot" :-)

cathymillercathycom

I upgraded Wordpress and now it says the i-BlogPro3 stylesheet is missing, but when I go to Editor it opens to the stylesheet. Any idea what the problem is?

cmunns

usually this occurs when the theme is installed incorrectly. Besides you should be activating iBlogPro4 right? Try giving the install a second shot.

cathymillercathycom

I have not tried installing iBlogPro4 yet. I got that message after upgrading WordPress. I'll try installing iBlogPro4 and see what happens.

cathymillercathycom

Okay-stupid question-where do I get iBlogPro4 upgrade? There is no option for it in WP. Is there a fee to upgrade?

cmunns

Oh sorry, I didn't know you were upgrading WordPress and not the theme. So did you figure out the missing stylesheet then? Upgrades can be purchased through Launchpad Let me know how I can help.

cathymillercathycom

Sorry for the confusion, but here is where this started. 1. I asked if I should upgrade WP before upgrading to iBlogPro4 2. You said "Yes" 3. I upgraded WP, but before upgrading iBlogPro, I had the message in WP Manage Themes about missing stylesheet. 4. I have posted since the WP upgrade & it seems fine, but the message is still there-so, to answer your question, I don't know if it's fixed. 5. I asked if there was a fee to upgrade from my current iBlogPro 3.01 to iBlogPro4-that will make a difference in whether or not I do upgrade the theme.

cmunns

okay I see- yes there is a fee. If everything is working fine and you can't think of any reason to upgrade then you probably don't need to upgrade anyway. Of course, to ensure compatibility between the most recent WP version it is always best to upgrade themes as well, however, like I said there is no obligation to do so if the current version accomplishes what you want it to.

cathymillercathycom

Thanks, I'll check out the new version. Appreciate your help.