Sign in to follow this  
maplev

Cannot install iForum with Deep Integration

maplev

Ok, I am extremely frustrated. The examples (videos) don't match what I am seeing. Please confirm that iForum works with WordPress 3.0. Otherwise, I would like a refund. I have been trying to get it working all day. I have bbpress installed no problem. But deep integration is not working in the least. Nothing that I am suppose to see in the wp-config.php file is there. However, I have a wp-config-sample.php file that has those tags but with no values...just says (put your username here, etc) Well I don't know what all the values are suppose to be so I can't fill in the cookie values. This is way, way, way to complicated. Unfortunately your example assumes the user (me) knows more than he does. Please help, or refund. Either would be much appreciated!

bryan-hadaway

That is really bizarre, wp-config-sample.php is the right file, you must have done an automatic WordPress upgrade. I suggest copying over the username, password, cookies etc from your old wp-config.php and add them to wp-config-sample.php, then remove wp-config.php from the folder to backup/keep safe just in case you need it and then rename wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php and upload that as your new config file. Thanks, Bryan

maplev

What do I put in the the lines below: * @since 2.6.0 */ define('AUTH_KEY', 'put your unique phrase here'); define('SECURE_AUTH_KEY', 'put your unique phrase here'); define('LOGGED_IN_KEY', 'put your unique phrase here'); define('NONCE_KEY', 'put your unique phrase here'); define('AUTH_SALT', 'put your unique phrase here'); define('SECURE_AUTH_SALT', 'put your unique phrase here'); define('LOGGED_IN_SALT', 'put your unique phrase here'); define('NONCE_SALT', 'put your unique phrase here'); /**#@-*/ Do I just repeat the keys, (example - Auth Key and then Auth key again) not sure why they are there twice.

maplev

Moreover, I don't know where to find this stuff. I think I should start over. Un-install bbpress and start over. Once I get the new wp-config.php filled out.

cmunns

In the config file there is actually a link you can use that will generate strings of unique phrases for you if you want.

maplev

Not sure I understand what your saying. If I just leave that as is, it will populate automatically....or are you saying I have to do something.

maplev

Ok, I found that link in the config file. When I used it I get a 404 not found Do I need to change api.wordpress.org to my address?

maplev

Ok I got the link to work and generated the codes, I have pasted them in and am about to back up everything before I replace my config.file and try to integrate again. BTW, it is not obvious that the link stops at /salt/, it looks like you need to include the rest also. Anyway, backing up.

maplev

So, I did changed all the settings on the config file and replaced it. Now it get: Sorry, but you don??™t have the administrative privileges needed to do this. When I just go to my site...not even the admin part. Help! I am going to throw this (*&(*^$ computer out the window.

Andrew

haha don't do that David; we'll get you through this. If you are getting the "Sorry, but you don??™t have the administrative privileges needed to do this." on your main site (running on WP)... Just add `?activated=true` to the end of the URL... (its a security measure) So to be clear; have you gotten 'user' integration to work with your WP install? The 'auth_key' etc... is for user integration not deep integration.

maplev

Is it /activated=true to the end of the url...because it is not working.

maplev

Sorry, missed the ?. It is now working. Ref deep integration in Your Note Note: You should now use wp-load.php instead of wp-blog-header.php in the deep install process. Does that mean I should update the file wp-load.php instead of wp-blog-header.php. Or, I should update wp-blog-header.php with the extension wp-load.php vice the other? Do I upload the plugin files before or after I modify the file.

maplev

Correction to my last. My home page is now modifed back to the default. Argghhhh!

maplev

I cannot believe how unbelievably difficult this is.

maplev

Everything from my feature setup in blank in the admin panel....you have got to be kidding me!!! If that cannot be restored, I am going to be very disappointed!

maplev

None of this is working, I lost my feature setting. Seriously, I would just like a refund and I will use phpBB instead. Thank you.

Andrew

Sounds like you're doing something strange with it... generally getting it working with WP is about a 10 minute process using their auto installer. Also, I'm wondering why your changes are affecting setting in WP? How is that happening?

maplev

I don't know but I have removed the forum and am rebuilding my feature settings (about another 2 hrs of work). Please, just email me refund info, I am sick of it. I love the blog theme, but not this forum. Thank you.

maplev

Could you please email info regarding how I can get a refund. Thank you.

maplev

Could you please email info regarding how I can get a refund. Thank you.

bryan-hadaway

Hi David, you have 2 options: 1. Have it professional setup properly, contact anna(at)pagelines.com regarding hiring her for this service. 2. Contact here http://www.pagelines.com/contact/ to inquire about a refund. Thanks, Bryan

jamesbrannan

Yes...you guys really should get your act together with this integration. That or you should be more professional and warn folks what a monumental pain in the butt this really is. Folks don't buy your WordPress stuff because they want to do web configuration, they want an easy website that looks good. I for one, am very dissatisfied with the hoops I am currently jumping through to get this to work. James A. Brannan Founder, iNtervalSoft www.intervalsoft.com