Sign in to follow this  
basvandewerk

Footer is a mess

basvandewerk

Hi Fellow WP/PageLines users, I've just installed the lovely iBlog Pro theme - the problem is; my footer looks like a mess. I would like to get rid of the *huge* page title, the stay in touch, and the 'more' options - how can I edit those out? My blog can be found at www.vandewerk.nl Do you guys have any ideas?

basvandewerk

I think I just solved it myself. I went to the widgets menu and put a widget (text) in the footer-collumns. After that I had to change the footer in 960px wide with some extra css code: .fcol {width:960px;} (theme options, custom code custom css)

cmunns

Those two lists of page titles were there because those two columns are menu locations in the theme that can be set in WP Menus panel..but glad you got it where you wanted to :)

jchriscookgmailcom

Adam - this may be the same problem I'm currently dealing with in the following forum thread: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=2491 I looked at the Menus panel under Appearance, but I don't see what you're talking about. Is there a more elegant way of dealing with this problem than the solution that Bastiaan came up with? You can see it at jchriscookphotography.com - the footer is very ugly and I'd like to keep the Twitter feed and the Terms of Usage at the bottom, but kill the content in between.

washingtonlodge4

I too would like an answer on this. CSS blah blah blah.. it wasn't there before, so it shouldn't be there now, right? How do we remove huge unsightly site map at the bottom?

cmunns

Carl, if you want the footer to remain you need to either replace those using APPEARANCE > MENUS and assigning custom menus to the "footer" locations Otherwise you can hide it completely with some CSS or use widgets to replace those default widgets entirely. "footer_columns" is the widget container.